Prologue-Target

Dedication for the first amazing comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Target Acquired. I lift my head, forked tongue easily tasting the air for my prey. My purple eyes do several different things-checking for any possible obstacles, watching my prey, searching for any possible hiding spots-in the space of five seconds. Checking finished, I silently shift position, lifting my poisonous barbed tail above the ground and gliding silently across the smooth, cool surface of the stone that makes up most of the terrain in this part of our realm. This was an important target, and he had to be eliminated as soon as possible, and with as little evidence and delays that could be afforded. My claws silently slide out as I think through all the several different ways I can eliminate this target, evaluating on the possible benifits and drawbacks of each decision. Just as I reach my final decision, my target looks up from where he has been polishing and cleaning several of his magical Silverstone swords. He seems to look carefully around his hideout for the first time in-most likely-several hours, until his gaze lands on the spot where I was only minutes ago. Something seems to alert him of my presence, as he swiftly turns, making to snatch one of his Silverstone swords up in hopes of defending himself. Not swiftly enough. As soon as he begins turning, I have already leaped out of my hiding place and landed on his back, claws extended, wings unfurling. I take advantage of his surprise and swiftly clamp my jaws around his flimsy neck, killing him instantly. As soon as this is done, I quickly survey his newly polished swords, picking out a few that look more promising as weapons in general. Then I leave, making sure there is no evidence of me left-except for three claw marks carved into the stone beside the head of my dead target.

*****************************************************************************************************

Heya everybody! This is the first story I have written on Wattpad...

Comment and tell me what you think about this story!

Vote if you like it!

-Me