∞Chapter One ∞

I deleted the prolouge because it had nothing to do with the story, to be honest.

                                                       Copyright 2012 © Monae’ Richards

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This story, including its chapters, Prologue, Epilogue, and other associated content is Copyrighted under the  Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of these works (Monae’ Richards). Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of these works constitutes as an infringement of copyright and punishable by law. 

Chapter One :

Essence-Nicole Richardson

Going to sleep is one of the things most teenagers love, but waking up is the hardest. Ecspecially since your step-dad expects you to make breakfast, clean up the whole house, and still make it to school on time. If I don't make it to school on time, repercussions are going to occur. I looked at my alarm clock, it read 4:30 a.m. Now you see I went to sleep at midnight because my step-dad came home drunk. My mom confronted him about it, which earned her a beating. Yes, my step-dad is abusive. He never hit me before, but he told me that it takes everything in him not to. That is why I make sure I do everything he tells me. I know what your thinking, 'Why dont you just leave' or 'Why dont you tell someone' . Well Carlos, my step-father, is a United States Attorney General . Which is considered to be the cheif lawyer of the U.S. government. So if we were to leave, we would be found within the next 24 Hours. I speak out of experience.

∞FLASHBACK

My mother and I had enough of all the bull Carlos put us through so we left. We flew to Cali, me saying I was excited to leave that bastard would be an understatement. My mom had enough money to buy us a house until she could find work. Before we can even settle in, Carlos found us. I was scared shitless. I was wondering how bad the punishment would be. That day I thought Carlos would crack, and finally beat me. He still didnt. When we got home, he gave my mom one of the worst beatings in the world. I was livid to see her so vulnerable and weak . She was only trying to give me a better life. While he was beating my mom, I got a wine bottle and hit Carlos in the head with it. He slumped over and was knocked out. My mom was relieved that he stopped , we both knew he wasn't dead. So we left him there and went to sleep.My mom seemed to have though I went to sleep but I stayed up until the birds were chirping with a knife in my hand incase Carlos woke up and came into my room to beat me. He didn't. The next day Carlos was like 'What happened last night' and 'Why was I on the ground all night'. I just told him that he was drunk and he tripped and hit his head and that we couldnt move him since he was so huge. He just laughed, and waved it off.