Nap Time

Angela was sleeping soundly on daddy's shoulder by the time they made it back to their room.  Her head rolling around slightly as Luke hoisted her onto his left hip with one hand as he rummaged through his right pocket for the room keys, finally finding them and unlocking the door.  He cringed as the door opened with a loud creak, looking onto Angela's sleeping face to see if she was bothered by the noise; she wasn't.  He placed a soft kiss to her forehead, admiring the relaxed look on her face. 

It pained him to think about his small girl getting increasingly more lost and scared without him.  The line in the nurses office was longer than he had expected, and he had to wait for his order to be processed before he went back to the cafeteria, only to find an empty seat where Angela had been previously strapped to.  He didn't think she would get up and leave, but then again, he took over 10 minutes to get back.  He was sort of proud of her for trying to find him, but he would have to tell her that she couldn't wander off because it was too dangerous.

It wasn't really dangerous at all because there were plenty of people to help Angela get back to her daddy, but Luke always feared the worst when it came to his baby.  He vowed not to let her out of his sight when he found her in Dr. Edwards' office, face red and puffy from crying.  He will never forget the way she clung to him and cried onto his shoulder, her fingers curling into the fabric of his shirt like it was a lifeline.  She was so precious to him, so, so precious. 

Luke noticed that he had been just standing in their door way looking at Angela, not actually moving inside.  He stepped through the threshold and closed the door behind him, toeing his shoes off and trying to keep his balance as he kicked them off to the side.  Angela stirred some in his arms, trying to turn over and curling up on herself in Luke's arms.   

She would need to eat at some point, but Luke thought that she would benefit from an undisturbed sleep.  He carefully layed her down on their bed, making sure not to jostle her, and began to take her shoes and clothes off. 

He kissed every part of her that he undressed, grateful for her being and safety.  Once he got her shoes off of her relatively small feet (they were small to him because his were gigantic), he kissed her ankles, all the way up to her knees.  Begrudgingly, he got up and walked over to their doormat and deposited Angela's shoes there, beside his.  They were plain white sneakers with some purple decals affiliated with the Academy.  Even though they were just shoes, Luke felt that they were very special just because they belonged to his beautiful girl.

He walked back to the bed and saw that Angela had rolled herself into a tight ball and was sucking on her thumb, still sleeping.  Luke inwardly cooed but knew that he had to take her skirt and top off because Angela would be much more comfortable naked rather than in her uniform.  Plus, it cut down on the amount of fabric that would rub against her princess part. 

She only had two hours to go untill the the long awaited doctors appointment Angela was oh so looking forward to.  Luke, not so much.  Of course, he was excited for his baby, but he was still a bit nervous.  He had heared stories of littles that went into dangerous subdrop because of the intensity of the feeling and the endorphin imbalance afterwards.  Those were extreme cases and there was a very slim chance that that would actually happen, but if it was something to worry about, he was worrying about it. 

It was really just his strong, paternal feeling of love and the desire to protect Angela from harm and he knew it.  That still wouldn't stop him from feeling uneasy and just wanting this day to be over with.

Angela moved around on the bed beside Luke and it shook him from his daze.  He still had to get her out of her clothes and eat some lunch. She was a bit more spread out now and Luke unzipped the front of Angela's shirt, revealing her breasts and pebbling nipples from the cool air.  He peeled the top from her chest and arms, carefully lifting the appendage trying not to wake her up.