Chapter 15

Connor was sitting in his room, it was half five, and he was ready. He had his hair perfectly messy. He had beige chinos on, with a white Adidas t-shirt, and red converse. He looked in the mirror, he looked good.  

 He was so nervous, what if she didn't show up? He would get in trouble for nothing. No, he thought, it's worth it. It's Laura.  

 He had never fallen this hard for a girl, never in his life. There was just something about the way her blue eyes shone, or the way her light brown hair sat perfectly. He had given up so much just for this girl, his friends, he had heard Kian and Andrea broke up, all because of him, and Sam and Chloe were on the rocks because of what Sam did to Kian. He was breaking up so many relationships in hope of one with Laura, but he thought it was all worth it. And now he was risking his social life, he knew when his parents found out he snuck out he would get in so much trouble. He didnt care though, he was being quite selfish.  

 He had everything planned out, his father went to work at ten to six, and his mother would be downstairs. He would go down and have his dinner, and then he would complain of a stomach ache, and tell his mother he was going upstairs to lie down. She wouldn't check on him, she was still angry.

 He would go upstairs and sneak out his window on to the porch roof, and climb down the ladder his father uses to fix the roof when it caves in, which was a lot because it was an old house.  

 His father left for work, it was time to do the plan. He did the first few steps perfectly, but he didn't count on his mother being in the living room when he climbed down the ladder, he thought she'd be in the kitchen. He was wrong, very wrong.  

 "Connor Franta!" he heard her scream, "What on earth do you think you're doing? You're grounded!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.  

 Connor stood there, "I-I um, I-" 

 "I don't want to hear it!" she bellowed, angrily, "Just wait until your fathers hears about this! He will be fuming! I can't believe this! We never raised you like this! That's it, get up to your room. Right. Now."  

 Connor obeyed, he went back into the house. He would text Laura and explain he couldn't make it, she probably wasn't even going to go anyway.  

 He was halfway up the stairs before his mother added, "Oh, and give me your phone." 

 "Mom, I can't, I have to-" he started, but his mother interrupted him, "I don't want to hear it!" she snapped.  

 He reluctantly gave over his phone, Laura probably wasn't even going to show up. But what if she did? She would think he stood her up, he had done enough damage without this happening, too.

 "Mom, can I have my phone, just to send one text, please." he pleaded. 

 "No!" yelled his mother, and then regaining her composure, adding, "You need to be punished, we thought grounded you would be enough, but obviously not. You're seventeen years old, you can't do anything you want. As long as you're under this roof, you're under our rules! Next thing I'm going to have to do is ban you from YouTube!" 

 "Mom you can't do that!" he said, losing his patience. 

 "If you put one more step out of line, watch me." she threatened, "Now get up to your room." 

 Connor went up the stairs, muttering under his breath. He couldn't believe his mother would stoop to that level.  

 He couldn't get his phone back, he couldn't explain to Laura, she would be humiliated. That is, if she shows up, he thought, she probably won't.