Chapter One: Part One: Old Enemies, New Friends

Fran looked out the window, her breath beginning to fog up the glass. She wiped it away, then stepped back.
"Where are we going today, Itward?" Fran asked curiously. She looked up at the skeleton who was messing with the controls on the panel.

"I was planning on taking you to visit Antonio once more, but for that, we need to cross the 3rd reality..."

Antonio was a giant ant who had once owned a beetlepig. Fran had killed it, for the old ant had said it ate her cat. But it had only been a rat. She only saw him once and a while, for, as Itward had said, it was across the 3rd reality. Also known as: the human world.

Fran did miss home, but she didn't like being reminded of her parents' death and her deceiving aunt. But the several times they had visited Antonio, she did fine.

Fran smiled meekly and nodded. "I think that would be nice." She smiled.

"Then I shall set the course." Grinning a toothy grin, the skeleton returned to fiddling with the controls.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Meow.
"Shh." Wybie put a gloved finger to his lips, telling the black cat to be quiet. Snow crunched almost soundlessly under his boots, the snowball held firmly in his hand. He knew Coraline was hiding behind that very tree. Wybie continued to move in, closer. He wound up and...

Poomf!

Wybie exclaimed in surprise as he was hit by a snowball in the back. He hears Coraline cheering behind him, laughing.

"Your face was priceless!" she jeered.

Poomf!

Wybie started laughing, having taken advantage of her boasting, he'd taken aim and hit her as well.
Coraline brushed off the snow and began making and throwing more snowballs. "You're going to get it today, Wyborne!"

He responded by flinging random bunches of snow and trying to run backwards at the same time. The cat had lowered his ears in distaste. Snow was not something he wanted to be attacked with. He jumped down from his perch on on a rock and slinked away as the two broke apart, Wybie going into hiding.
~~~~~
Fran had been reading when lights started flashing and she heard Itward in distress. She left her book and rushed to the control room where she cried out in fear.

"Fran! Thank goodness...go get the water!" Itward was trying his best to maintain the machine in the air as a large kamala wriggled and hissed on the glass before them.

Fran hurried up the ladder and onto the top of the flying machine where there was a sort of water spout. Mr. Midnight clambered up after her. But as she reached the top, they were greeted by an old foe.

"We meet again, Fran Bow.." he rasped.

Fran trembled before Remor, the son of darkness himself. Mr. Midnight hissed, then cowered behind her.

"What do you want now? Why don't you just leave me alone?" she cried. Remor has only brought terror and agony to her life. Remor only laughed a throaty, menacing laugh.

"You can't escape me! You thought you had won...." Remor loomed over the water spout. "You are only a little brat. You cannot beat me!" He outstretched his claws and tore the device apart. Fran cried out in protest. Remor came closer. Fran stepped back. The demon lowered himself till she was face to face with him. He spoke softly, his voice a rumble.

"Do you want to see your parents again?"

Then in a blink of an eye, the monstrosity had gone.

Fran was left, frozen with fear. That is, until the hissing of the kamala once more caught her attention. It was looking up at her with dead, white eyes.