37 Kills

We've all heard the story before, about the so called "chainsaw massacre". The series of movies, though quite entertaining, are not exactly truthful.

I, myself, don't even really know the true story, but I do know what my mama told me.

Ya see, me and my family were all born in Texas, and though I wasn't raised there, my mama sure was.

Her family was quite poor, and sometimes fishing down in the snake-infested ponds owned by their hostile neighbors was their only way to eat.

Her daddy died when she was quite young, and her mom was quite sick. Being the youngest child, my mama was the only one taking care of her.

Sadly she'd been influenced negatively by her siblings and did hardcore drugs throughout most of her life.

Now, being in her late forties after years of drugs damaging her brain, maybe her memory isn't very reliable.

But I know my mama as not one to lie, and I personally believe every word of her stories are true.

And though most of her stories seem to be ghost related, this one sure wasn't.

From what my mama told me, the real chainsaw massacre was 37 kills, and that the people who did it were never caught.

Whether it's true or not, the events my mama claims to have experienced seem to be linked to it.

You'd probably just shrug it off as a coincidence...

But I don't believe in coincidences.

And on that day 37 kills almost turned to 40.