Alpha Female.

-picture of skylie warrior paint before the ambush, the war enjoy

Skylie pov

We all surrounded the burning bonfire blazing with fire that its tips kissed the midnight sky. The faces of the men shone with fear and anxiety, but were all brave enough to continue this plan and fight by my side even till the last andromian breathe.

It was a lot of my men surrounding the fire over 300 hundred of them all huddled together in comfort as if today was the last day, they would see a roaring fire, because tomorrow night, was the night we would attack king Tyson castle, it would take a whole day to travel there, especially since we would be travelling by foot sadly there were no taxi cabs in the 18th hundreds.

"What if we do not make it?" one man asked breaking the awkward silence, several men agreed with him, with nods and head shakes.

"And what if we do?" I responded all eyes snapped to my direction.

I stood up, making myself visible.

"you all think that we will perish in that battle field and we might , but I rather die out there fighting for what I believe for, freedom for the creatures and people of Andromeda. To be captives and prisoners of your own land, is not a living but surviving, if we don't stand up to Tyson no one will and his terror reign will be an endless era and many innocent people will die, because no one was brave enough to fight to just cower away while your home is being taken away from you Andromeda is our land of our fore fathers which makes it ours, so fight with me and reclaim what is rightfully yours!" I barked with hope igniting in my soul as I saw the hope lit in their eyes.

"Or die trying my...queen" one of the men exclaimed, forgive me of not knowing everyone's name which is over 300 men...just a friendly reminder.

Then the strangest thing happened he began to sing

"On the silver necklaces they strung

the flowering stars, on crowns they hung

the dragon-fire, in twisted wire

they meshed the light of moon and sun

Far over the misty mountains cold

to dungeons deep and caverns old

we must away ere break day

to find our long forgotten gold

Goblets they carved for themselves

and harps of gold where no man delves

there lay long, and many a song

was sung unheard by men or elves"

Then all the men joined in, everyone knew the song except for me, Damien and opal, whose faces were confused as mine, even Francis knew it of course, it sounded so sad yet so beautiful their deep manly voices all in harmony together, in perfect pitch and tone it was pretty remarkable.

..............

At early dawn we all awakened, to get ready for the battle that marks a new era in history a day a revolution began, we all became reborn.

We all geared up, helmets on and battle armour strapped against our bodies, they were heavy but not easy to penetrate by a silver sword.

Me and opal being the only females out of 300 men and I will keep saying that yeah.

We got breast armour, for the obvious reasons and we all had a sword holster and shield for us all of course.

All the men lined up in single file in two rows, and me being alpha female I stood in front and Damien, opal and Francis behind me and then the two rows of men.