Chapter 8

"Emily!" It was the sound of Carla... Huh? Why is she here? She down at me like she was going to die, her face was like a constipated monkey. I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing. I stood up to look at her in the eye and give her the death glare. They all know I get really annoyed every time I don't have enough sleep. But I guess this time it was different, because we were in the centre's dorms.

"Carla, why did you wake me up?" I whined giving her an annoyed glance. I picked up my pillow and tried giving her my best impression of that hulk smash. Once the pillow was on her face, she fell on her back.

"OWW!!! Emily! I WILL KILL YOU!" Carla grabbed the pillow and chased me around the dorm, once she tried hitting me on the back but I dodged it by turning right which made her face smash onto the wall. I was laughing my big booty off then. My tears were coming out, my face was red and I fell on the floor laughing and gasping for air like a hyena having a heart attack.

"Emily! Carla! You lot need to unpack, I've already finished."

Amanda seemed agitated for a moment. We have never seen Amanda like this ever other than the time we first met her. She was so serious, that she reminded me of the grumpy cat until we fixed her up. She was good as new. But the thing is, nowadays, every time she is serious, BAD things always happen when we ignore her.

As soon as Carla bashed me in the face with my pillow, we almost finished our unpacking. I never took my favourite clothes because the name of this centre just reminded me of an military school.

"All pupils may enter the hall as soon as possible."

The sound of a women came through the speakers, assuming that she was maybe one of the people that help us. Carla finished unpacking and when we stepped out of the dorm, a boy was leaning besides our door. He looked around our age, maybe older, but Amanda distracted me. She was literally drooling like these dogs.

Eww gross. How can you like him already? He's not all that...

I took a closer inspection of him and he was kinda cute. His hair was a dark burgundy colour and his skin was like the colour of cappuccino. His clothes were fairly casual, but he had a tattoo on his knuckle, it was something like a swirl but nonetheless we had to know whether he is the bitchy, cocky kind or the gentleman type.

"Hey girls."

Yep, the cocky kind. I guess he was thinking that he could charm us, but we weren't falling for any of that bullshit. I looked over my shoulder only to see Amanda perfectly normal. Doesn't look like she's interested in him now.

"Hey, umm..." Carla made a what's-your-name look. She looked like we were in a hurry, but the corridors we were in were crowded and it would take 10 minutes to get passed that.

"Daniel, my name is Daniel Jenkins" He spoke calmly this time, "And what's yours and your friends?"

He inspected us as Carla was pointing out our hobbies and they had a small chat, while I and Amanda were standing still not knowing what to do.

Since their conversation took a long time, Amanda and I just walked towards the door leading to the hall.

"Do you think he likes her?"

"I don't think so, looks like they're going to become friends." I suggested out loud, which sort of reminded me of Einstein for some reason.

"Huh, yeah. That's gonna be a laugh. Did you remember the last time she was friends with a boy? They ended up going out and on their third date she accidentally snorted when he was telling her a lame joke. She was laughing so hard that she knocked his phone out of his hand and into a fish tank. He was so mad, he didn't like her anymore. That was a laugh though."