Chapter 2: Sleepover

*Eren's POV*

As Mikasa begins driving towards our apartment for our sleepover, Armin and I stay silent. So many unexpected things happened tonight. Everything was supposed to go by smoothly and fun. Oh well. It's not like things can get any worse, right? "I'm gonna kick that midgets ass." My older sister suddenly spoke up, deadly anger hinted in her voice. I widen my eyes a bit, but stay silent. Levi was being an asshole, after all. "M-Mikasa..?!" Armin sputters.

"I will protect you both from anyone. It doesn't matter who it is," Mikasa murmurs, and I know she really means that. "Please don't stir up any trouble over me!" My best friend begs, and rests a hand on the shoulder of the empty drivers seat in front of him. "At least Hanji apologized. Mike didn't do anything. Erwin is fine. Levi, though.." She begins, but says nothing else. "Hey, guys, are we really gonna invite No Name to our sleepover tonight..?" Clutching the folded piece of paper, I look at Mikasa and Armin.

"...well, this is probably the only chance we'll ever get to hang out with them." The blonde haired boy beside me quietly says, looking up at me. "If it makes you both happy, I'm okay with it." My sister simply stated. "You're alright with them coming over? After everything that just happened?" I ask Armin, furrowing my eyebrows. He nods. Fuck. He's such a forgiving person, it angers me that people treat him so unfairly.

I rest my hand on his head and stroke his golden locks for a moment, smiling. "I understand, Armin. As long as you're cool with it." Sighing, I add. "If Levi-- or any of them, mistreat you at all, though; they have to deal with me." Hm. Maybe I said that a little too aggressively, because Armin kind of twitched right now.

"I second that." My sister agrees, and begins parking her car in front of our apartment. I pull my hand away after patting his head, and jump out of the car. "C'mon, let's get the second part of this night started!" Laughing, I try to lighten up the mood. Armin smiles brightly and nods, then follows me to the building. We run up a flight of stairs. The dark haired girl silently trails behind us.

I swing open the front door and kick my shoes off, leaving them beside the welcome mat. Mikasa huffs, and stacks them neatly on the railing meant for our shoes. "Sorry, sis! I'll do it next time, don't worry about me." I sheepishly apologize, and scratch the back of my head. Armin places his shoes beside mine and lets out a small yawn.

"Tired already, lil Armin?" I tease and poke his stomach. He giggles and shakes his head. "Nope. Don't underestimate me, Jaeger!" "Good. Here," I hand him the slip of paper. Armin gently takes it, his eyes scanning over the piece of information our second favorite band member gave us. "W-Wha..? Eren, this also has Levi's number on it!" He shrieks, and hangs his mouth open.

I nod. "Yeah, it does." Suddenly, Mikasa appears out of no where. "Why does it have his number on it?" She growls, and clenches her fists. I stare at her. "Mikasa, it's not like it'll be of any use to me! Pay no attention to it," I shoo away the slip of paper, referring to Levi's phone number. But, in reality, I really want to use it. I really want to call him. Maybe meet up sometime, or text him. The possibilities.. but, no. He's actually the biggest jerk I've ever met. My dreams have kind of been ripped away from me. Oh, what luck.

"Oh, alright." My best friend replies, nodding. I'm glad he trusts me. I mean, Mikasa does, too, but.. she has some doubts. Armin starts dialing Hanji's number, and the three of us silently stand there, listening to the soft rings. "Hello!" An energetic voice answers rather too loudly, and Armin squeezes his eyes shut for a second. "Er, y-yeah, this is Armin!" He squeaks. "Oh, the most adorable one! Hey, kid!" Hanji coos. Armin shifts shyly even though they're both just speaking through the phone. "Thank you. Would you all like to attend or sleepover?" He softly asks.