Desire In Flames

My eyes opened with shock. Wth is the dark age?

" I'm a child of 95, New York." I said but immediately felt a twinge of dullness, by the way his expression dropped.

Sheesh! I can't even amuse this beautiful boy.

"I am collecting this students ,at the end of class and it must be completed no exceptions." mr Sceary stated.

" guess we better help mike and Catalina with the work."

" yea" I agreed.

Why didn't I ask him when he got into this class and how he knows Catalina on a first name basis. Where the hell was I?

" are you gonna stay dazed or help?" sassy Catalina sneered.

I turned to help them. And just like that the rest of my classes was a blur.

Before I knew it the last period bell of the day rang and there was Jeremy waiting for me outside of my history class.

I was all smiles for him, and found myself staring at him. When the hell did I become so attracted to my best friend, to the point I realized everything about him, the way he smoothed down his pants or rub his lips. It was even weirder to see him staring back at me, with almost the same intensity.

" Jeremy what are you thinking?"

" ummm, nothing ,I was just wondering about Catalina ."

" what about me loser?" Catalina retorted while walking past us

A momentary look of disgust passed Jeremy's face.

Then no expression. The expression he had early did not reflect how he just reacted to Catalina. Something was definitely up with Jeremy, with us and I wanted to find out.

" Jeremy come by my house after school there's this um paper I'm going to need your expertise with okay?"

He looked relieved.

" no problem let me guess Ap English?"

" yea man , ms .jones is no joke. That woman refuses to give me a damn break."

" no problem Lori, why don't we go now?"

"sure, catch you later Cat"

" both of you are leaving me? gosh!" she rushed off in exasperation

Jeremy and i looked at each other and then just dismissed her, then we began walking to the bike.