Chapter 1: The Job Offer

"Welcome class! How are all of you doing this fine Monday morning?" Professor O' Duke sang in an extremely annoying voice for a 7:00am class. It earned him many groans and loud shouting for him to shove it.

"Well all of you seem so very happy this morning don't you," the underlying sarcasm in his words very apparent. "Today we are going off campus for class to," he didn't even get to finish his sentence before the class interrupted him with more groans of annoyance. "Oh hush up! We are going to the stadium to study trauma, impact, and orthopedic injuries."

My ears instantly started to listen intently and the corners of my lips pulled up into a smile. The stadium.  The bright lights on a cold, November night.  My fall Sunday's since I was 5 years old. It's been 20 years since my first game.  My parents dressed me up a in a little cheerleader's outfit for the team.

"Hey Gen! Let's go, stop daydreaming doll face!" Mason yelled in my ear.  I jumped, my reaction getting Bethany to laugh.  I glared at them but eventually smiled.

"I can't help it guys! I love it there," I smiled sheepishly. The two rolled their eyes at me and the three of us walked out the door.

In case you didn't catch on, Mason and Bethany are my best friends. We've know each other since pre med and here we are now in our third year of medical school.

I stepped on to the coach bus the college had supplied for the field trip. I walked to the middle of the bus and sat next to Bethany. I made sure not to sit in the back, just in case someone decided to take a dump in the toilet.

Mason made a face from across the aisle. "What?" I asked. His frown became more apparent.

He stuck his lip out and said, " You didn't sit next to me." I had to bite my lip to contain the smile stretching across my face. Bethany didn't even fight it before she died laughing.

" I think you'll be fine Mason," I spoke and placed my headphones in my ears. I turned on a mix of All Time Low and Billy Joel. I listened to that until the bus came to a stop in front of Lincoln Financial Field. I pulled out my ear buds and followed the class off the bus.

Professor O' Duke told us that a few team members were in the stadium practicing and that we might borrow a couple to use as dummies. I smiled. I might meet my favorite players! Connor Barwin and Fletcher Cox were some of the best players on the team, well besides the infamous Lucian Braddock and his right hand man Derek Peters.

The class walked through the tunnels of the stadium before we made it to the sideline.  Set out in front of us were lab tables with different scenarios on each one.  The team was running on the field and I tried to ignore them so I could focus. 

Professor O' Duke assigned us to different tables.  It was just my luck that I wasn't with Mason and Bethany.  I brushed it off and began reading the diagram to my group.

I was writing down all of the possible things that could be wrong with the patient when screams rang through the class.  I lifted my head to see the girls of my group gazing intently behind me.  I turned around and was face to face the number  23.  I slowly looked up and caught the eyes of Luican Braddock.  He smirked at my surprise.

" I just wanted to welcome you all to the stadium," he said smoothly.  I narrowed my eyes. Pft. Welcome me? I freaking welcome him every Sunday.  The anger was boiling inside me.

"No need.  I'm here every Sunday to welcome you.  Oh, and if you don't mind you're distracting my group so it would be greatly appreciated if you left," I smiled and turned around.  I was met with jaws dropping. What?

"Alright then.  I let you get back to learning how to fix me," he said and I assumed he would walk away.  I felt a breath at my ear. "Thanks for welcoming me every Sunday babe," I blushed like I mad man as he ran towards the field.  I let out a breath.

"Ok, let's get this finished," I began to say when everyone pointed behind me again.  Ha! I'll be damned if I end up in another conversation with him.

"Oof!" What just happened? I tried to ask before I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was still on the field.  I sat up and touched the back of my head.  Ouch.  Bethany and Proffessor O' Duke were above me.  Oh and so was Lucian.

"How are you doing?" Bethany asked. 

"Good I guess.  What happened?"

She smiled. "Braddock's ball hit you in the back of the head.  You were out for a solid 5 minutes," she replied.  My eyes widened. 

"What!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry," he said the guilt laced in his tone of voice.

"Whatever lets just get back to work," I said and got up off the ground. I walked back over to my table. 

We completed the round and went over the answers.  I managed to get all of them right.  I also managed to doge a bullet when the team wasn't able to work with us. 

I was cleaning up my station from where we dissected a dummy.  The rest of the class was leaving and the team was in the locker room.

"Excuse me.  Miss Hobbes?" A females voice came from behind me.  I spun around and wiped the table once more.

"Uh yes? That's me," I said with curiosity.  She smiled and pulled out her clipboard.

"I am part of the medical team on the sideline of the game.  I was watching you today and noticed how well you worked.  It would be an honor for you to be a part of our team," she said and my jaw dropped.

" I'm sorry. What?" I asked.  Was I dreaming? The lady laughed.

"I'm offering you a job as a sideline medic," she said. Oh my gosh!

"Um that would be amazing!" I exclaimed.  I smiled and thought about my Dad.  "Am I allowed to bring my Dad down here for the games as well?" I asked.  She laughed.

"Only for certain games and he has to stand towards the sides so he isn't in the way in case of an emergency," she explained.  I smiled.

"I would be happy to join your team then," I smiled.

"Great! You start this Sunday then," she spoke and walked away blabbing about something to her Bluetooth. 

I quickly grabbed my stuff and rushed to the bus to meet everyone else.  The bus was just about to leave before I hopped on and took my seat next to Beth.

"What happened?" She asked and Mason leaned over.

"I got a job as a sideline medic for the Philadelphia Eagles," I said still dazed by the surreal situation.

A/N

So here is the first chapter! I don't plan on doing A/N a lot but it's the first chapter and a little sample for a while. I think I'm going to do a POV change every chapter between Gen (Genevive) and Loosh (Lucian).

Vote and comment <3