VII

"One A site, Jake." Trevor says as he retreats from his position from long A. The game is tied 15 and the team who wins the next round wins the game. Trevor and Jake have a feeling that this is their "rank up" game, meaning that they will rank up after this game.

It's been forever ever since the last time they ranked up, 3 weeks to be exact. Ever since the new "elo" update, ranking up has been harder than before. They're now Legendary Eagle and they want to rank up to Legendary Eagle Master and then finally the Global Elite.

Jake kills the player, "A site down. Anymore?" He asks.

"Nah fam, it's just the two us now and one more guy."

"Aight, well I see him right now." Jake says. "I'm gonna knife him."

He pulls out his knife and back stabs the enemy just like a fake friend that betrays your trust.

"NICE JOB, JAKE." Trevor exclaims. "Let's see if we rank up."

"Thanks man, I hope we do." Jake replies.

The game chat spams those traditional "gg's" and Jake and Trevor are waiting so impatiently to see if they rank up.

A new rank pops up for Jake. "DUDE, IM LEM! IM LEM! GOD BLESS AMERICA! MOM GET THE CAMERA!" Jake exclaims. He runs out of his room and screams to the whole world he ranked up.

"Dude, I didn't rank up.." Trevor says.

Jake goes back to his room and he puts on his headset.

"Wait what'd you say?" Jake asks.

"I didn't rank up, Jake..." Trevor says.

Jake and Trevor sit in a moment of silence.

"It could be a bug in the game, go back into the home menu and see if you're rank is the same." Jake says to break the silence.

"Alright man. I'll check"

Trevor opens up the console and types up "disconnect" in it. He goes back into the menu. He then sees his rank.

"Nah mate, still the same rank. Freaking Legendary Eagle." Trevor says before smashing his fist on the table.

"Oh. Well, you were supposed to rank up last game." Jake says. They have played every competitive game with each other, and they even played with each other to reach rank 3.

"Man, I don't know." Trevor says.

"Alright, well I gotta go. See ya." Jake says.

"Alright bye." Trevor says. He ends the teamspeak call.

Trevor's sitting in his desk, thinking if him not ranking up means anything.