Chapter 2- Birch

Ill never forget the day Birch came into my life.
I wake up and smile. Its finally summer break. I grab the astronomy book Miss Hayfield gave to me. I open it and look at the name Sundrop. I sit wondering who Sundrop is and how they knew who I was. I shake my head.
"Echo! Come down here please!" I hear my mom shout. I hop off my bed and trot down my stairs. I see her standing with the door open. I look past her and see a mare and a filly. The filly is standing behind her mother. I look at my mom.
"Echodash this is Green Oak and her daughter Birch" my mom says. Green Oak steps aside and pushes her daughter forward. I step closer.
"Hello" I smile. She looks up shyly and notice something about her eyes.
"Well I need to go to work, would you mind watching Birch?" Green says. My mom smiles.
"Of course!" She leads Birch in and Green Oak walks away. I smile and bounce inside.
"Im Echodash" I say.
"Im Birch" she sits on the floor. I sit next to her.
"Do you like to read?" I ask. She looks at me curiously.
"I cant read" she says softly. I give her a confused look and she looks up at me. I see her eyes again and cover my mouth.
"Oh im so sorry I didnt realize-" she cuts me off.
"Its alright, I manage Ive been blind ever since I was born so I can walk around and learn like a normal pony" she explains. I smile even though she cant see.
"So you are new?" I ask. She nods.
"Yah I finished my eighth year in a small town called Ponyville" Ponyville? Why does that sound familiar.
"Sounds like a nice town" I say.
I should go someday.