two

Seemingly satisfied, he let go of my shirt and I let myself fall to the ground, my mind racing with millions of emotions scrambling about. I looked over to their group from were I was sitting underneath the lockers.They were making their way out of school, and every single one of Harry's friends were patting his back, as if scaring the shit out of a girl was the best thing to do ever. 

Heart hammering against my ribs, I attempted to get up. As I tried getting my bum off the cold floor, I suddenly felt a strong pair of hands pull me up, simultaneously saving me of the struggle and I was able to get up easily.

Startled, I turned around to face a stunning redhead, called Josie. She was in a large amount of my classes although I had never acknowledged her. Her brown eyes were filled with concern and I suddenly felt like an overly embarrassed octopus. She had just seen that very disturbing scene with Harry. 

"Thank you for that." I said to her, watching her as the concern never seemed to fade out of her eyes.

"I saw what they did to you  Aspyn, are you hurt? Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" She asked, her voice raising a pitch.

"No there won't be a need for that. Thank you very much, Josie." 

"I still would feel a lot better if you would go to the nurse's office."

I shifted my gaze from the floor to her face. She was someone I never talked to and she was also amongst the first people in this school, to ever hold a normal conversation with me and I felt touched. Whether her concern was genuine or not.

"Thank you Josie. But " I paused to look at my watch " it's 4:40pm and it takes me a hell lot of time to reach home" I smiled at her.

She nodded and held me by the arm  " Come I'll walk you to the door." 

I looked at her questionably " Isn't it time for you to go home as well? " 

"I have some unfinished work left to do and I'll be off as soon as I am done with it." We reached the exit doors and I turned around to look at her, my eyes spotting a very fat man at the end of the hallway. I recognized him  as Mr.Thompson. A very bad math teacher, and I could bet on it he was the sole reason why many students resolved to hate the wonderful subject. And the man was eyeing Josie and I, warily.

" Are you sure you don't want me to wait out here?" I spoke turning my full attention to the redhead in front of me. 

" A 100 percent " She said smiling. I nodded, awkwardly waving to my new friend? as I walked out of the school, crossing the school parking lot while pulling out my phone, dreading the long walk back home. 

I did not even take a look back to Josie, who was standing near the glass door with tears in her eyes. 

I was lost in a world of music, as Mr. Thompson was  draping his fat arm around Josie's frail shoulders. 

I was walking down the road, while Mr.Thompson was whispering vile, disgusting words into Josie's ear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi :) 

my writing sucks

but i hope you enjoyed :)

take care, shreya