cloud // star 002

Horizon:

            "Horizon, you're doing wonderful in Criminology! Surely your father would be excited to hear you might as well go to Harvard with your grades."

           Horizon beams, because Horizon is an impression, with his straight grin and blazing character that wins before battles begin, before swords are drawn, before words are spoken.  "This is wonderful, thank you, Mr. Richard."

            "Psh," the older man waves a hand through the air, "I've told you before, call me Rich. Now, let's get on with the formalities! As long as you don't drop your mark an inch from where you are, you'll do fine. You're in your senior year, so you're going to be needing help with your applications. Let's see, how about this...?"

           Horizon is grateful, he really is, but the issue with being the source of light in the void, is that he is often scared of not being enough.

         Horizon is the moon; so graceful and mysterious and pure. But that does not exempt him from the fear that his lunar eclipse will leave him in the dark.

•∞•

Celestial:

          "What do you want to be when you grow older, Celeste?"

          Celestial purses her lips, swallowing the cereal down her throat that suddenly felt raw and stuffy. "I don't know, dad. Maybe a journalist?"

          "With your blogs and everything? Celestial," her father, whose hands were formerly clutching a newspaper, now places them on Celestial's dainty hand, her fingers stiff as the wooden table they sit on. "You have to be more realistic, journalism is difficult to get good jobs in. Look at Rebecca! She's getting a PhD in medical science and most likely going to accept an internship for one of the largest companies of the world. Think big!"

           What he didn't say, she thinks bitterly, is think Rebecca.

           For Celestial is the sun; so beautiful and delicate and burning. But her sister is a red giant, and in comparison, Celestial is nothing but dwarfed by her light.

•∞•

A/N: Thank you for the votes and comments! They mean the absolute world, everyone c: