Golden Letter

Disclaimer: Pokemon is not mine and will never be mine...All unfamiliar characters appearing on this fic are mine and are contest entries.

Warning: Heavily OCcentric...Hopefully, they won't come off as Mary-sues and Gary Stus..

[[January 7, 2016-12:05-This chapter has been heavily edited]]

Golden Letter

A few miles in between Snowbelle city and Couriway town stood a small old town full of traditional Kalosians. Majority of the folks were middle aged or old due to many of the younger generations wanting to make their dreams come true. Those who were left behind in the village are either children of very traditional parents or a poor family. One of those family is the Rodrigues family and in that family, one of their children, Sheina is finally starting her journey...

It was weeks after Sheina's 17th birthday, it was a small party, mostly consisting of the town's children and some nice old folks. Sheina was tired and lazy but most mostly lazy and she wanted to do nothing but lay down on her soft comfy bed...that was until a golden coloured envelope.

Sheina was gaping widely, her tired eyes now wide open in surprise and excitement. Right in front of her was the long awaited golden envelope that her mother was fanning on her face who wore a disturbed expression.

"Shein? Sheina? I said you need to help out in the cafe first after reading the letter," this quickly pulled Sheina out of her dreamland and she almost snaps.

"W-wha-why do I have to help out? S-shouldn't I go pack up or something...?" the teen whined, earning her an annoyed look from her mother.

"Don't test my patience young lady...!" Mrs. Rodrigues points her finger at her daughter

"But our cafe isn't even that busy, never mind that-only the old folks comes by...!" she whines but her mother wasn't having any of that.

"I don't want to hear sass coming from you child, now hurry!" pushing the envelope on her daughter's hands, Mrs. Rodrigues quickly walks down the stairs to get the cafe ready. Sheina could only whine more in reply as she leans her back against the wall tiredly. However, the girl knew better than to challenge her mother's words. With that, she goes back inside her room to fetch her thin maroon wired rimmed glasses. As delicately as she could, she inserts the small knife on the top the envelope and carefully cuts.

"Ah..so excited..," Sheina mumbles to herself, eager to read the letter as she sat down on her messy bed, her words coming out as mumbles. Slowly her words became more pronounced as she spoke each sentences loudly, her hands shaking while her heart beats faster. Out of nowhere, her screams filled the house which was expected by the family except for their guest John whom shot up from his tired slumber with a horrified expression. Footsteps thundered around the second floor and down the stairs which only irritated John more. The boy rubs his tired eyes as he slid off the guest bed then glares at the offending golden envelope laid on the table across the guest bed he laid on. He groans as he lays back down in annoyance and after a few seconds of silence, shrill screaming of excitement echoes once again inside the house. John shot back up once again and threw the blanket off of him.

"Why can't I just be left in peace..? did I do something so bad to anger Arceus or something..?" He asks to no one in particular and the teen once again looks at the golden envelope.