Chapter 1

Peaks of golden sun rays gleamed through her lengthy brown hair, her eyes shimmered a light hazel with pale skin complimenting her heavenly features.
He watched as her light pink lips opened and closed with silent words leaping out.

''Drew killed her'' a deep voice emerges from behind her novel, she glances up in a lost motion, ''Excuse me?'' Her glasses were pushed back up as she inhales her current surroundings.

''Her boyfriend, Drew killed her'' he brushes a muscular hand through tousled black hair, ''What? You should be thanking me for saving you 400 pages more!'' He groans at her discontent expression.

She sighs and tosses the novel aside, ''Just a day longer, could you mind your own business for that amount of time? Or will that be asking too much of you?'' Her incapability of reacting to the outside world forced her into the consumption of mere dreams in books, that's where she would come alive each day.

She rummages through her little bag, ''Are you looking for this?'' He holds up a little glass souvenir, ''Stop that!'' She shouts frustratingly and pulls the Swan out of his tight grip.

''What is wrong with you!!! How dare you fiddle with my--''

He places a finger on her soft lips, ''Why would you leave your bag open while you're asleep, you never know who might mug you'' her hazel pupils widened at the sudden closeness of a man to her.

His eyes were a deep brown, a sharp edge formed his jawline, with a toned body noticeable through his white muscle top. He chuckles at her expression, ''Lighten up, I'm only kidding'' he slams himself back into the seat opposite hers.

Her breathing seemed unsettled now, with her eyes closing to control any hatred she felt toward this man. The bus travelled at a slow pace, forcing the ride to feel more than treacherous to her.

She clenches either side of her seat, a few more hours and the torture would be over, the torture of another class reunion which her family forced upon her.

It'd been five years since she last saw her final year students, Rose had never been fitted into the social butterflies in school, in fact, her dull personality and failure to partake in happening conversations made her go unnoticed.

The feeling of being an outcast still rested on her shoulders even on this trip, she gazed at the mountain tops they travelled upon, while the others sat in groups, laughing hysterically about things that made no sense to her.

And just as luck continued favouring her, the person seated opposite her was none other than Chase, seemingly the most popular guy back then, well nothing had changed, he still had the ability to attract lustful gazes and shy giggles from almost every girl.

''Snack bar?'' He holds up a half eaten chocolate bar and grins ever so charmingly, she nods in disapproval and continues losing herself in the beautiful surroundings. ''You know you're not much of a people's person'' he groans and munches down the snack bar.

''Splendid analysis Sir Chase! There's a spare seat at Miss tanned legs down south'' She rolls her eyes with a desultory tone lagging. He glances further down the aisle and chuckles, ''Well I never said that were a problem you know'' he releases a heavy sigh.

'' Where'd you get that from anyway?'' He scans her slender fingers rotating around the tiny glass swan, ''My, mother gave this to me'' She perks up meeting his gaze, ''She's no more''

''I'm.. sorry'' he whispers regretfully, only forcing longer moments of silence to linger between them.

Time passed all too slowly, paving way from a crimson sun to rest between the hills ready to dissappear. ''Alright campers! We're going to make a quick pit stop and then continue on!'' An over energetic bus driver quickly awakens the half asleep crowd.

Rose gently taps a sleeping Chase, the bus halts all too quickly and she slams into him, ''Well that's a lovely way to wake up'' he grins holding her up immediately making her flinch, he heaves himself forward and places her glasses on her widened beautiful eyes.