Chapter 2

''Are you seriously reading another novel?!'' He yells over the high pitched travellers exiting the bus.

She pushes loose strands behind her ears and continues reading, ''Are you not even going to use the washroom?'' He states in complete shock as she ignores him further.

''Alright choice is yours, but if you're that curious, she ends up marrying Andrew'' he spits out and holds a straight face showing no speck of emotion. She glances up at him, fuming beyond belief, her novel is dropped to the ground, ''That's it!'' She yells aggravated and storms toward him.

He releases a lengthy chuckle at her angered expression and rushes out of the bus, she continued running behind him till the bus vanished from their sight.

He slowly drops to the ground panting desperately, allowing her to finally catch up to his quick pace.

''Y-you are so a-nnnoying!'' She mutters out between deep breaths and throws a light punch at him. He laughs at her futile attempt of harming him, ''You're not a bad runner you know'' he says looking up at her.

She flops her aching body beside him and wipes the tiny drops of sweat away from her forehead. He continued admiring her naturally beautiful features, ''How did I not notice you before?'' He whispers breathing in her delightful perfumed scent.

''Don't kill yourself over it, no one ever did notice me'' She replies with a hesitant smile as they continued looking on at the sun setting ahead of them.

''Let's get going'' he shuffles up and holds a courtesy hand for her to take, they both continue a slightly tiring walk to the bus in dreary silence.

''Where's the bus?'' She stops in her tracks and looks at a deserted road ahead. ''What do you me--'' She turns his jaw to where her eyes trailed, ''WHERE'S THE BUS?!?'' He yells in complete devastation.

They both scurry toward the empty spot and glance around at a maddening pace, ''They left us'' She whispers and drops to the ground.

''They haven't left us! Don't they do a role call before leaving?! They must have noticed we've been left behind! I mean we have friends that will tell them! Right?!?'' His voice pitches eagerness and he searches her face for any answers, ''They don't take role calls Chase, we're adults for God sake! And I don't have any friends to know if I'm missing or not!'' She shouts throwing her hands above her head.

''Well I do!! Who wouldn't notice Chase gone missing?'' he flaunts in victory, she wiggles back up, ''Yeah ofcourse your drunk half asleep friends will notice you aren't on board! And the bus will magically appear before us because they're all completely drenched in pain without you!'' She points her thin finger at him.

''This is all your fault you little maniac!'' He shouts and pushes her attacking finger away, ''Little Maniac? What are you like five or something?!? And need I remind you of what a pest you were being on the bus?!'' Her voice raises contradicting her timid behaviour.

''Pest?! I was being FRIENDLY! have you ever heard of that! Well clearly not! I still chose to sit beside you when I could've been with the tanned long legged girl!!'' His voice echoes throughout the silent atmosphere, ''I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelle-- What the hell are you doing Rose?!?'' He shouts startled as she picks up a few stones and begins throwing it in his direction.

He hops around as each stone missed his hefty built, ''Cut it out!'' He yells desperately as she continues tossing a few more.

''Did I ask you to sit with me?! Did I ask for your friendly stupid remarks?! This is YOUR  fault!'' She throws a few more and one finally hits his foot, ''OUCH! That's it!! He darts after her, making her run further, his long legs proved as an advantage as he quickly caught up to her gripping her waist.

''No Chase!'' She giggles as her feet leave the ground and he spins her numerous times around making her stomach cringe with swarming butterflies.

They both drop onto the grass and he immediately rolls over placing her on top of his toned body.

A few strands of her curled hair fell into his face, she clears her throat and sits up putting her glasses in place. ''I'm sorry'' She mumbles and dusts the pricking grass off her clothing.