9

Anthony's POV

It felt so good to be back at work yesterday considering that I haven't been in so long. We have been taking care of Kira and there just wasn't time for me to go back. Now that we've finally got back to normal I'm sure nothing can mess that up.

"Babe. Wake up!" May says shaking me awake. I groan but get up while she is still freaking out like crazy.

"What is it?" I ask leaning my back against the headboard.

I run my hand through my hair and rub the sleep from my eyes. May bounces Kira on her hip as I try to see clearly.

"Your dad is here." She says and my eyes go wide.

Him and I have got close this past year but I'm still not used to having him around.

"Tell him I'll be down in a minute." I say getting up from the bed as she heads downstairs.

I brush my teeth and put on clothes before walking down to the kitchen.

"Hey dad. What are you doing here?" I ask him as he sits at the counter.

"Came to see how you two were doing. I didn't know you two had a kid." He says and I shake my head.

"We're babysitting for Lena. She went home for a while." I say drinking a glass of orange juice.

May and my father are now talking while I make food. Normally May would but sometimes we switch off.

"Uncle Dony!" Kira yells from her highchair.

"Yes beautiful?" I say handing her some flavored cereal.

"Look at my son. Good with kids." He says and I see him smile.

Weird how being good with children skipped his generation. I'm not even going to question it.

"I would say it's in my genes but you know." I say between my teeth.

"Anthony." May says looking at me.

"Dad I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Old habits die hard. Sarcastic comments are my thing." I say and he shrugs his shoulders.

"No I deserved it. Anyways I've got to go and pick your mom up. I'll see you two or three soon." He says heading towards the door.

I look over at May's and she is shaking her head at me. She walks over to start feeding Kira while I eat my food.

"Babe I'm sorry. It was an accident." I say as she just feeds Kira in silence.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around the front of her waist.

"Baby please. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have but it slipped." I say as she looks up at me.

"In all honesty I had to keep from letting out a small laugh. That doesn't mean you can be mean to him. He's still trying." She says and I nod my head.

She presses her lips against mine as we sink into the kiss.

"Dony!" Kira says making the two of us laugh.

I head upstairs and begin to get ready for work.

May's POV

Lately things here have been returning to normal but Kira will soon be gone. Having her here has made me see how I would be as a mom. Of course I can't start thinking like that because of Anthony. His future doesn't involve kids and I'm sure never will.

That may have to be a sacrifice I have to make in order for me to be with him. My phone begins to ring on the table next to me and I grab it to pick it up. I place it gently between my ear and shoulder before playing again with Kira.