~Fatherly love? Try bane of my existence!~

Xander’s POV

I glanced back one more time through the window of the restaurant at that new girl I’d just met.  Reagan was a unique name.  Kind of pretty, actually.  Ugh, I did not want to see my dad right now.  Lately, or rather ever since I started college, he had become the bane of my existence.  

Literally nothing I did seemed to please the old man.  Hopefully, I could get this little meet-up over and done with as soon as possible.  Dear old dad cost me a date with that gorgeous girl back there.  Legs like that, she’s probably already booked up for the rest of the week.  With 60,000 students on campus the chances of running into her again were pretty slim, but who knows.  A kid can dream.

I lengthened my stride mentally preparing myself for all of my dad's wonderful snarky comments.  I pressed the button on my key unlocking the doors to my red striped mustang and hopped in patting my steering wheel lovingly.  Hey don't judge me, I kind of fit the cliche stereotype that all guys love cars.  But what can I say. I earned every penny for this car and I loved my baby!

I pulled up at my parents house after a quick five minute drive.  Their house was huge and could easily hold hundreds of people comfortably. My parents are rich and sadly they quite often have the horrid attitude that comes with it.  Jeffrey, the new butler, showed me into the living room where my father, David Steele, sat reading the newspaper and drinking a glass of wine. I cringed mentally this was going to be so fun. Not.

After clearing my throat several times my father finally looked up at me. He stood up and gave me one of the awkwardest handshakes of my life and then sat down again. Although this time instead of perusing the newspaper it appeared he was perusing me, taking in even the tiniest details.

I sat down across from him and decided to speak my mind. "Alright dad you got me here what did you want to talk to me about so urgently?" I questioned. "I happened to be in the middle of a conversation with a beautiful girl when you interrupted and ordered me to run over like an obedient dog."

My father laughed a little and then stopped quite abruptly staring at me with an exact replica of my own green eyes "We all know that you aren't an obedient dog Xander, and that you do whatever you please, completely ignoring the wishes of your father." David said looking at me meaningfully.

Seriously when is he going to move on I thought.  I made my decision and it was final.  I was not going to change that for anyone. "If that's what you want to talk about dad then I think I'd better be going" I said standing up slowly.

"Oh stop being dramatic boy sit down. Unfortunately or rather fortunately for you that is not what I wish to speak about.  I was in my office on campus the other day when my good friend Professor Dally happened to stroll by.  And would you like to know what he said?" My father questioned but then continued before I could say anything. "Well you see, apparently a few college students threw an illegal party on campus. This party happened to have all sorts of alcohol and drugs. Very nasty of course. Well to cut the long story short this party was busted by none other than Professor Dally and quite sadly" he paused dramatically. " My own son was seen sneaking away from the scene. What do you have to say about that?" My father questioned furiously.

"Err I should've snuck out the back" I mumbled. "What did you say!?" My father asked angerly.  "Nothing" I mumbled.

"Do you have any idea what you have done?" David asked. "Do you know what news like that could do to our flawless reputation boy? I will not tolerate that kind of behavior from you any longer. I may not be able to control you in certain things I but I will not stand for this, got it?"

" Oh I got it Dad" I said angerly. "I thought for one short moment you were angry because you actually cared about my well being but the truth is all you care about is your stupid job and your stinking reputation. And guess what, I am sick of both of them."

I stood up glaring at him. "I'll try not to taint your perfect reputation and you can try and see how life is without having a son."

I stormed down the hall and out the door shaking with fury.  What a great guy.