Chapter IV.

"Well,it was nice spending 16 hours with you." I said to Harry as we were standing in front of the airport in Los Angeles,waiting for our rides.

"Yeah,whatever." He said. "Oh,there's my ride." I looked behind me and saw a black limo parking. The driver got out of the car and helped Harry put his bags inside of the car. After that Harry walked to me with his hands in his pockets.

"So,I guess that's it..." He said with a small smirk on his lips. I got on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. His smirk grew and he spoke with that emotionless voice. "Don't touch me." With that he turned around,drove off and I was left standing there confused. "What the hell even happened in the last 24 hours?" I whispered to myself.

-

Mum parked the car in her driveway and helped me take my luggage out of the car.

"I love the new hair color by the way." I said looking at her brown long bob.

"Thank you honey," She said smiling while touching the ends of her hair. "it was really damaged so I needed a trim and I got bored of that bright red color that I've had for the past like ten years." We both laughed as she rummaged through her purse trying to find her house keys.

"I think I left my keys in the car,be back in a minute." She went to the garage and in those few minutes I looked around. The houses were all big and beautiful,with a lot of different flowers and plants. There were palm trees all around. I always loved Los Angeles,that heat that actually never gets annoying,the sunsets that I love to watch every day,and just all the things you can do here.

"Mum,who's house is that?" I asked her when she came back,pointing my finger to the big white house and I think I can even see a pool in the back.

"You call that a house darling? That's a freaking mansion!" She said. "And to answer your question,I don't know. They're never really home." I nodded my head in response and we finally entered my mum's huge house.

"You excited to spend the summer in LA?" Mum asked me while we were sitting on the couch in the living room after I unpacked.

"Hell yeah!" I said. "Can't wait for all the parties!"

"Hey,no parties." She warned me with a straight face.

"I was just kidding!" Oh mum,you don't know anything.

-

"Did you call your father yet?" Mum asked me as we were making pancakes for dinner.

"Oh my God! I completely forgot,thanks for reminding me." I said. "I'll go do it right now." I turned around and took my cell phone from my back pocket,sat on the couch and waited for him to answer my call.

"Hello!" I heard my dad say after the third ring.

"Hi dad!" I said back. "I was just calling to let you know I'm alive."

"Oh,I thought you called because you wanted to hear my voice,say you miss me or something like that." He said jokingly.

"Well,I miss you dad a lot and I wish you were here."

"That's better!"

"Oh my God dad I have to go,I think mum just burned herself!" I said laughing. "I love you,bye!"

"Bye honey!" And then I hung up on him and rushed to the kitchen to see what happened.

Turns out mum burned her finger AND a pancake.

-

The next morning I woke up at around 8am,I guess because I'm still used to waking up early for school,I ate some delicious breakfast mum made and then I went out. I took some money and my phone with it's earphones with me. It was a sunny day here in Los Angeles. I walked around the neighbourhood looking at all the amazing houses and buildings while listening to some music.

I looked at the clock on my phone and saw it's already 1:34pm,so I hurried home before my mum gets worried. As soon as I opened the front door,I could smell that wonderful scent of pizza,also-known-as my favourite food.

After eating lunch I decided to spend some time with my mum,but at the same time I wanted to look around the city.

"Mum would you like to go to the venice beach with me?" I asked her as I was putting the dishes in the washer.

"I would love to! Let's go get ready,I'll meet you downstairs in an hour." She said and we both went to our own rooms upstairs.

After I realised that I just don't know what to wear,I decided to first take a shower. I got all of my clothes off,put on a bathrobe and headed to the bathroom. I didn't have to wash my hair yet,but I used some coconut scented body wash. Ten minutes later I was out of the shower,standing in front of my mirror with just a towel around my body. I started putting on my mascara when I realised there was something purple and red on my neck.

"That bastard gave me a hickey." I whispered to myself. "Great,now I have to spend the next fifteen minutes trying to cover that up with foundation." And that's what I did,it took me about eight minutes to do it,it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

For the makeup,I just applied some mascara,liquid eyeliner and my favourite dark red lipstick. My long black hair was curled the day before,so all I did was pin my bangs up with two bobby pins. The outfit that I wore was nothing special,I pretty much wear the same clothes everyday,black skinny jeans,basic black t-shirt and my black vans.

I put some money in my back pocket as well as my phone and earphones. I don't think I will need anything else.

"Mum,are you ready yet?" I yelled to her as I came downstairs and realised she wasn't there.

"Yes,I'll just go to the toilet!" She answered. After three minutes she was downstairs and we got out of the house. "Do you want to take the car or we'll walk?"

"I feel like walking,it's not that far away anyways." I answered and we walked for about twenty minutes,it was worth it because we got some ice cream on the way there.

-

Nothing THAT special in this chapter,but I wanted to involve her family in the book,so you'll know more about Brooklyn.

Basically she loves wearing dark lipsticks,she had long black hair(which is dyed btw),she has there weird ass brown/orange/red eyes idk how to explain & she pretty much only wears black and white. Oh,and her parents are divorced.

If you have any questions,don't be afraid to comment whatever you want. :)

I'll update in a few days,I start school in like 2 days,so that sucks.

Okay,I'll stop talking now,BYEEEEEE

-Scar xx