Chapter 1

29th Of January, 9:54am

Today is the day we're leaving. We've all been packed for days. There are currently four girls in my room sitting by the window waiting for Jakes car to pull up my orange driveway.

The beach that we are camping on is a non-camping area, so we have to pack as least as possible so if the ranger comes we can give it some legs, with a lighter bag.

Sam, the youngest in our group, lit a cigarette.
"I swear your getting hooked on these sticks of death, Samantha." I say as I grab the smoke from her mouth.
"Alice. I am not getting addicted. They're just a distraction from Ben."
She says as she snatches it from my fingers and places it back into her mouth.
"Well, lucky for you, Ben wasn't invited this week." Kendall says as she is fishing through her bag to find her phone.
I suppose you can say Sam is the Alaska Young of our group; long blonde hair, blue eyes and fake tan.
You will rarely see her without a cigarette in her mouth or a glass of Kendall's punch in her hand.

I was about to start lecturing Sam about her habits but I was interrupted by a loud knock on the door.
"I'll get it!" Kendall squeals as she runs to the front door.
There was silence for a while and the remaining of us in my room stared at each other trying to think of who would be the person knocking on the door. Suddenly, Jake walks in the room and Kendall has her legs wrapped around his waist being cradled as if she's a baby. Sam looks at me and raises her eyebrow, we all think there is something going on between those two.
I looked out the window but Jakes car wasn't there.
"How did you get here? Where's your car?" I say as I stand up and walk towards him.
"Change of plan, James is driving us."
"What do you mean? He doesn't even have a license... Or a car!"
"Chill, Alice! He's driving his dad's car."
"What happened to your car? Where is it?"
"Currently getting serviced."
"Why...?" Kendall questions as she jumps out of his reach.
"We were trying to drive up the dunes this morning and it rolled and overheated."
Sam stands up and puts her hand on my shoulder.
"It's all good Alice, James knows how to drive."
"What have you been doing in James' car, Sam?" I shout
"Oh you know just so-"
"Alice, who cares, we all know Sam isn't a virgin anyway."
"Oh my god." I sigh, "When is James and the rest of us getting here."
"They're out the front." Jake says and he starts grabbing our bags and loading them into the car.

We walk out as I lock the door and write a note to my parents farewelling them. James' car is big and impressive, but doesn't look ideal for camping.
"Can you even drive on sand with this this?" Sam says as she opens the door.
"James, really, a bong where I'm supposed to be sitting?" Georgia says and picks up the homemade contraption and throws it in the bin.
Georgia is the innocent one of the group, she's full on into Christianity.
"I'm sure I have already committed multiple sins just sitting in the car with four boys."
"Leave your stupid religion behind G, it'll stop you from having fun!" James shouts.
"God does not stop me from having fun! He just doesn't want me to end up in hell like all of yous; especially you, Sam!"
"No such thing as heaven or hell as far as I'm concerned." Sam says as she lights another cigarette.
Georgia huffs and crosses her arms and looks out the window. Sam and Georgia don't get along as well as the others.

Kendall, Finn and I decide we're going to squeeze in the boot of the car considering it's only a five seater. Sam dibs the AUX chord and plugs in her phone, everyone sighs and moans as her death metal blasts through the speakers.

The last time Kendall and I camped at this beach, we had just gotten our belly buttons pierced; and we couldn't swim in it because it, apparently, would get infected.

Kendall tapped me on the shoulder as she leant in to my ear.
"You have Finn, I'll have Jake."
I smirk and hug Kendall, completely hurting Finn in the process after having to climb onto him to wrap my arms around her.

Followed by the hug, the three boot bandits take three shots of vodka.

"Hey everyone, I'm gonna make the best punch with this!" Kendall screams.
"Oh Jesus Christ that's what you said last time and we got food poisoning." James yells trying to contain his laughter.

We keep driving, sun shining and I smile; starting to imagine all the mischief that will be conducted this week.