Prologue

Some people say I need to smile more; some people say I need to smile less.

You can never really win with peoples opinions can you?

Today is currently the 28th of December and in around twenty-four hours my friends and I will be heading on a camping trip which is supposed to be going on for a week; but I personally wouldn't be surprised if we ended up sleeping in those tents for the whole month.

It's summer in Australia, blistering hot during the day and muggy at night, lovely.

My best friend and I have been planning this camp-out since August, and considering I have OCD and am completely organised, nothing will not go to plan.

Anyways, time for the introduction on her, and also me. Being the selfless person I am, I will describe her first.

Her name is Kendall May; She likes cats, Geordie Shore, being in charge of making the punch and lastly, she loves getting accessories with the letter 'K' on it.

And now for me, my name is Alice Rose Cambell and I am a virgo, have brown hair and dark brown eyes. I like reading, eating, partying and flirting with guys; so I suppose you can say Kendall and I tend to host the best parties of the year.

At this second, we're both in my room sitting at the end staring out our full backpacks.

"So you absolutely certain Jake is picking us up." Kendall says and she starts to brush her hair.

"I'm positive K, he's picking everyone up in his landy."

"You know, I think my dad is going to find out I'm not actually staying at my aunts for the week."

"Kendall, you should have just told him that you were going camping with the gang."

"Alice, if he knew there where boys involved he would have put me on birth control."

"And what's so bad about that?"

She giggled, punched me in the arm and started walking to her bag.

"You know, I stole this from the inside of my sisters pillow..." Kendall exclaimed as she pulled out lime vodka from her rug sack. "Imagine all the cool punches we can make with this!"

"Kendall, why the hell does you sister keep vodka in her pillow!?"

"I don't know, but she gets that drunk she thinks she consumed the liquid when actually I just steal it."

"Oh, how many bottles did you bring?"

She giggled and she clicked the bottle back into her bag followed by the petite ding sound of glass hitting glass.

"... twelve will be enough won't it?"