OneShot

This Fanfic was requested by dirty-waterh

Yabu's POV

Yaotome Hikaru.

That one boy sitting at the back row in my class at the corner, staring out the window every single day.

I look at his pale face again, nobody can understand his emotions. He's just that quiet guy, always keeping to himself.

When the final bell rang, signalling the end of the exhausting school day, I went up to him.

"Yabu Kota desu. You are Yaotome Hikaru right? Do you want to go home together?"

He looked up at me, thought for a moment, and eventually nodded his head.

--On The Way Home--

"A-Ano... Why don't you talk?" I asked while we were walking.

No response.

I stopped in my tracks.

When he realised, he stopped and turned to look at me.

I walked up to him and held his hands.

"Please don't be so quiet. You'll never get friends that way! Don't you want to have people cheer you on and stu-" I stopped talking and looked at his arms.

Many scars were slightly visible. It was obvious he tried to cover them up with make-up.

But I could still see the scars, anyway.

When he saw that I found out about his scars, he quickly pulled his arms away from me and continued walking.

I stared at him for a brief moment before catching up with him.

"N-Ne, stop hurting yourself okay? To whoever's doing this to you, I'll scold them, okay?" I told him.

He stopped again and turned to look at me.

"Gomenasai... I-I'll try. Demo... For now, no promises." he bowed and continued walking again.

I smiled at him.

It was easy to convince him, so I wasn't sure he would keep his word, but for now, I guess I'd just have to trust him.

--The Next Day At School--

I kept taking peeks at Hika-chan.

Yes, he allows me to call him Hika-chan, because I was his closest friend.

I didn't feel very sure that he would stop, but then again as my little brother, Yamada Ryosuke, said, It's not really my problem. I shouldn't care so much.

I could see he was drawing something, but I couldn't see what he was drawing.

After the lesson, I went up to him and saw what he was drawing.

It was a cute small manga of a couple on a date.

"Kawaii~" I said and he smiled.

"Arigatou."

For the next few days, we gradually became closer and closer.

Seconds became minutes, minutes became hours, hours became days, days became weeks, weeks became months and eventually, one whole year passed.

Hika-chan became happier, and he didn't harm himself in the whole year.

I was really proud of him.