#3

Aayan enters into the men's room panting. His heart thumps too loudly. He rubs his hands across his face. He walks over to the washbasin and look over into the mirror in front. His pain seems to have subsided but he still breathes heavily. He stares long at himself in the reflection, nothing but his chest showing motion.

He comes out 10 minutes later. Right when he is emerging out of the door passage he catches a glimpse - just a side shot of her atrocious look.
He froze. He couldn't quite feel his face. He was cold as hail.

"No."He uttered and seemed alive again. He let out a chilly breath he had been holding.
She had walked past his view and into the ladies' room down the other end. He immediately starts to pace towards the door.
On reaching near, he just pauses for a second and bursts in through the door.

..~..

I held it between my fingers. I could hear my skin lusting for it. I did not shake one bit. My heart beating fast. I gulped down saliva in cupfuls. My eyes inspected the sharpness. My breaths were shallow. My mind came alive. It produced a thought. Just a thought.
I gaped at the blade once more. And then, I shifted my hand to roll up my left sleeve.
Then, the door bolted.

Entered he. His long face strewn into a beautiful expression. I found it beautiful. He gained a step toward me.

The door opening vociferously, someone entering had shaken me to the core. I had put down my hands and engulfed the blade into my fist.
I remember feeling terrorized at being walked in on. I remember that feeling vaporising quickly as I looked at him. There was this huge mix of emotions. My heart was beating faster than ever. I remember his eyes on me.

My brain cleared one tone. And I now accepted it. It felt like 'Salvation'. I was anticipating this moment. Dreaming it. Longing for it. This was my want.

He came close to where I stood and I just stood on the place without ever wanting to move. I craned my neck. Never letting off his eyes. He kept on looking. His face was a deep frown. But kind, concerned. I admired that look.

He moved his eyes to the hand I had balled up in a fist. He closed in on me and grabbed my arm. I at once opened my fist. He snatched off the blade and crippled it in one clench.
I think he realized how much I admired him doing that. His expressions changed. He looked away and realized that he was in a ladies toilet. Then, with firmness he held my upper arm and dragged me out behind him.

I continuously gawked at him. He had a tight grasp. Probably because of such long fingers that wrapped around my arm with ease.

He continued to drag me and we got out of the restaurant. We were under the night sky. Sky was clear. I noticed one too many stars very brightly that night.

I obliged to every step he took. Even if he wasn't holding me I was drawn to him. I wanted him to take me.

He steered us into a corner and I was ready. He faced me.

Until now, I hadn't considered why I hadn't asked him what he was doing or anything else for that matter. I didn't care.

"What did you think you were doing?" He snapped.

I stayed quiet.

"Tell me now!"

My mouth trembled as he ordered. I summoned my senses - I suddenly realized the fact. He knew. He came in.

"How did you know?"

"I did never tell you I was going to answer any of your questions." he asserted himself over me.