Soccer With The Boys

Introduction-

Jayden Jackson's POV

Walking on the field was totally good for me! Today was the day I was going to get to know if I was on JV or Varsity. I walked over to Hailey and Kenzie, sitting beside them and started stretching. After only a few minutes our coaches came out on the field and stood on opposing sides of everyone.

"Guys, we have good news and bad news." Everyone nodded, not expecting anything at all. "Well it's more bad than good. First bad thing is that we have to cut the girls Varsity team." Lots of mean things were said when we all got quiet." Good news is we still have the JV team which is what most of you are going to be playing. But for those of you who could have a spot on Varsity, have good grades and could be able to take your career forward, we have something. You girls can play for the boys Varsity team." Everyone got quiet. No one knew who those people were and if they were good enough. I didn't know if I would make it; fingers crossed. "The list of girls who have an option to play is short, but I want you girls to know you all went out there and tried your hardest. Anyways, here's the list. Josie Alex, Faye Mason, JJ Jackson, and Brooke Mayfield. You 4 girls meet me in my office now." Then she left.

I gathered my things as well as the other girls and we went to her office. The whole time I kept looking at Hailey and Kenzie who were smiling at me. And I knew it was real because they were only in soccer for me. They were more cheerleader type.

Walking into the office with the rest of the girls was good because I knew they'd all want to play. I knew they'd be okay with playing with boys especially if we all went.

We all sat down in the row of chairs displayed in front of coaches desk. "Girls, if you don't wanna play Varsity you can go to the girls JV team and Coach Lay has provided you stay in the whole game throughout every game. If not, you play Varsity with the boys and you do exactly everything they do with no complaints. So, who's doing what?" Asked coach pointing towards Josie.

"JV."

Pointed towards Faye. "JV."

Pointed towards Brooke. "JV."

When she pointed towards me, I knew my dream's always been about Varsity and nothing would let me live it down if I said JV.

"Varsity."

-:-:-:-:-