Chapter 1

Jayden Jackson's POV

"Jackson, I'm so excited you've decided to play boys Varsity. We will make you feel welcome. I promise by the end of the year all the guys will love you! Anyways, let's go meet the guys, then we will start a short practice. And let me know if anything's complicated or if the boys are mean, I'll whip them into shape." Said Coach Rando.

"Thanks Rando." I said simply before walking out onto the field in my cut off t-shirt and short athletic shorts, forgetting about showing my body.

"Boys, this is JJ! Make her feel welcome because she's on the team." Screamed out Rando.

I heard faint whispers and it was hard to ignore them. Some were very mean.

"Boys! Go run until you can't breathe." Screamed coach.

Immediately I started running my laps as the boys stood there, groaning.

"Jackson! You don't-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"We are a team, we run as a team!" I screamed as the boys began running. I noticed coach smile, making me feel good about myself.

By the time I was halfway tired, the boys were out of breath sitting on the bench. Only me and some other boy were still running and I'm pretty sure he was out of breath. I kept my pace, not letting him pass me considering none of them passed me. He stopped running and put his hands on his knees, bending down, taking a breath.

"Corey! Jackson! You can stop running now. I mean, Corey, you look like your about to die and Jackson you could use a break." Yelled Rando.

We both walked back to the other guys and I was still ready to run. "Coach, can I keep running? I mean, you said run till you can't breathe and I'm perfectly fine. So, as a team member, I should still be running." I said quickly, barely taking a breathe in all of that.

"Yeah, boys run with her until she stops. If you're about to stop, you get 5 more laps. Go!" Yelled Rando.

I started running and none of the boys could keep up, so I slowed to a VERY slow jog.

"JJ! Keep it moving! You don't slow down for those boys." Said Coach.

I moved full speed now and had at least 20 more laps in me before I was pooped for the day. All together, I ran about 50 laps.

After we all stopped, the boys were gulping down water and I was just stretching on the ground.

"Boys," Rando spoke, "How come I feel that JJ is in better shape than you?"

The boys grumbled and groaned, ignoring Rando.

"Okay, you're all free to go to the locker rooms. And I'm completely sorry about this, but Jackson, you have to go to the boys locker room. Okay?"

I simply nodded.

Walking into the boys locker room, I quickly took off my shirt being only in my sports bra and was about to slip on my 'Cool Story Bro' shirt when a pair of hands grasped my wrists. I saw it was one of the boys from the team, but didn't know him.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed and because he was hurting my wrists.

"You." He said seductively.

"Get off." After he didn't let go, I yelled forcefully and loudly, "Get off!"

One of the other boys from the team, Jake Hudson to be exact, pulled him off of me and shoved him into the lockers, nearly choking him. "Don't you ever lay a finger on her again or I will personally kill you."

After the dude didn't respond, Jake shoved him away and walked over to me. I realized we were the only ones in the locker room still.

"Hey, sorry. You didn't need to do that Jake." I said nicely, trying to avoid eye contact with the hottest boy in school.

"It's fine. Are you okay though?" He asked sounding as if he cared.

"Yeah, thanks Jake."

"No problem. If he ever does anything like that to you again, tell me. Okay?"

"Yep. I will."

His phone started ringing and I saw who it was that was calling him. "Sorry JJ, my girlfriend's calling. Umm... Will I see you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Sure. Bye Jake." I said, sort of sad he was leaving so soon.

"Bye Jackson." He said before answering his 'girlfriend'.

-/\-/\-/\-/\-

Waking up was horrible. Last night I fell asleep around midnight because I was thinking about Jake and his 'girlfriend'. Ugh.

I dressed in my skinny jeans and my old soccer jersey from a few years back. Grabbing my bags and my cleats/shin guards I made my way to the bus and got to school in no time.

Walking in the building I could already feel the gossip spreading. But the worst part was, everyone stopped talking and stared at me.

God guys, I know I'm gorgeous.

How come I felt there was something going on. Although I kept walking, it didn't help the looks and whispers. Finally, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into the janitors closet.

They flicked on the light and now I knew who it was. Chase Gold.

Chase was a sex goddess, according to most girls. He isn't exactly what I would call a good kid but he has good grades. If he didn't have good grades, he couldn't be a quarterback for McKinley High. Anyways, the girls obsess over him. He's a Freshman while I'm a Junior and I have to admit, I would love to get with him. Only problem is, Kenzie has a major crush on him and I've literally known him since I was little, so that would be weird. She's told me all about it and I know I wouldn't ever be able to forgive myself if I did happen to get with Chase.

"Heard the rumors about you Jayden." Said Chase naughtily.

"Yeah well I haven't. What are they saying about me now?" I asked, totally ignoring how he called me Jayden.

"Which rumor would you like first?" He asked.

"There's more than one?" I said dreading it.

"Yeah. One is that you got with Ryder in the locker room. Two is that you like Jake which I already know is true. Three is that you are secretly dating Corey. I don't even know who that is to be honest. Fourth is that you are extremely hot. And fifth is that Kenzie stole your man. Jake Hudson."

Tears brimmed my eyes and I wanted to cry so badly. How could Kenzie? I mean, I thought she was my friend. Apparently not.

Chase wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his chest. Gosh, he smells so good. Yumm.

"I'm sorry Jayden. Hey I heard you're playing Varsity with the boys." He said happily.

"Yeah. I am. Hey so what was the fourth rumor about again?"

"That you're extremely hot. Oh yeah, that one I kinda got from myself. There is one more rumor that I don't exactly know how to tell you."

"Just tell me straight on." I said.

What could be so bad that even Chase didn't wanna tell me. "Kenzie and Hailey were only you're friends for popularity and now they're going out for cheerleading and telling everyone your secrets."

Great, just great.

-:-:-:-:-

Jake is played by Graham Wardle.

Thanks for reading. I hope this wasn't too short. Anyways, keep reading. :)

-Baylee