Prolouge

Have you ever wondered what a life of magic would be like? Grace takes a bumpy ride down the path of becoming a senior magician. No not the magicians that do card tricks and pull bunnies out of their top hat, magicians that were born with magic and do things like shape shift, grow flowers out of their hands, or move things without touching them. These are real magicians, and they don't have a magicians secret. Grace was born in an ordinary family in the world of Autawill. But she falls behind in school because she can't focus her mind for magic. She has passed elementary school and hopefully middle school but it comes to this. The only way to pass 8th grade is to take a test. Not some ordinary test like Finals or something, but the magical observation test. Magic officials come to the observatory where the students take a week long test to prove they have the right magical experience to prove they can pass high school. If they fail the test, then they go into the modern world and usually become magicians(yes the ones that do card tricks and bull bunnies out of their top hat). That's how they always pull off their tricks. They have one week and if they don't prove worthy they'll disappear out of the magical world.

The test goes like this:

Day 1: Turn into 3 worthy, but difficult, animals using the environment around you. One in the water, one on land, and one in the air.

Day 2: