Chapter 3

Summer was coming to an end in Seattle, Washington. However, the sun still shone brightly over Martin Luther King Memorial Park. The leaves on the trees had started to change colors and many people had come to admire the views. Deep in the forest surrounding the park, a loud swooshing noise could be heard from a dome shaped object that looked like a mirror. 10 figures could be seen falling to the ground. As soon as they fell to the ground the light disappeared and only a mirror was left.

The ten figures turned out to be none other than Yari, Michael, Luke, Bri, Alexa, Ben, Ethan, Jacob, Megan, and Maddison. Megan got up and walked up to the mirror, "Hey! Come on, open up!", she yelled as she hit the mirror with her fist as if that would open the portal. Then she looked at herself in the mirror. She no longer had pointy ears nor transparent wings. She was human. Her appearance had changed as well. She screamed as realization struck. Everyone turned to her.

"What's up with you?", Ben asked rudely as he stood beside Megan. He looked into the mirror to see what was up. His eyes widened as he could actually see his reflection in the mirror. Being a vampire, Ben had no idea what he looked like as he did not show up on film or on anything at all really because it has been that way since he was born. Jacob and Maddison had also walked up to the mirror and saw that both of them had lost their wings and looked different. Ethan had not changed so much but his appearance did and this shocked him. The five screamed and panicked as they could not understand what happened to them and why. On the other hand, Yari, Bri, Alexa, Michael, and Luke were extremely annoyed by their friends' overreaction. They have been humans before. They knew that changes did happen once you crossed the portal. They did not tell their friends this because they didn't think they would've been sucked into the portal.

"Everyone please calm down!",Michael yelled at his panicked friends, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you guys that this would've happened. We didn't think this would happen...", he was interrupted by Maddison yelling.

"This wouldn't have happened if Megan didn't push me into the portal!", she yelled.

"I didn't push you! Yari pushed me and I fell on you!", Megan yelled back.

"I didn't do it on purpose! Alexa ran into me!", Yari shrieked.

"I wouldn't had run into anyone if Ethan hadn't shoved a tarantula in my face!", Alexa yelled, shoving Ethan into a nearby tree. Everyone had started to argue back and forth about whose fault this was.

"CAN YOU GUYS SHUT UP ALREADY?!", Luke yelled over everyone else. Everyone turned to him. "We can figure out a way to get back to Cascade. It will just take some time.", he continued.

"Wait, am I the only one who's wondering if all the portals in Cascade were closed, then why was that one open?", Yari said.

"Yeah, and why it was in that old house, who lived there, and why they put it there?", Bri replied.

"Hmm, we should go to the library to see what we can find about this.", Michael said. Everyone else nodded and followed Yari to the library.

••••••

"We're here!", Yari shouted happily.

"Eww what is this place?" Ben said.

"This place is the library, you know, where Ashton and I used to get our books. I used to come here back when I was in school, I remember seeing Michael in here once," Yari replied while remembering all the great memories She had in the library.

"Who is Ashton?", Ethan asked.

"An old friend.", Yari replied with a smile.