Chapter 3 - Tag

I cleared everything with my mom, and she actually let me go. I found my outfit and took a shower. I decided to go with a yellow TrukFit shirt, and dark acid wash jeans. I added my accessories, fleeked my eyebrows, and swiped on some lip gloss. Just as Kyra texted me she was outside, I slipped on my hightop white Nike forces, and sprayed on my Bath&BodyWorks perfume.

I yelled to my mom that I was leaving,  and shoved my keys into my purse along with my phone, closing the door behind me.

I hopped in the passenger seat. Off instinct, me and Kyra did our handshake and kissed cheeks.

"Hey boo! You ready?" she asked.

"Definitely! & You look cute!" I said.

She had on a black Adidas jumpsuit, Adidas viser, a gold chain, and some classic black and white Adidas shoes. She had her Havana twists wrapped in a bun, and her eyebrows were fleeked to perfection. Just like mine.

"Thank you. You look fly yourself!" she said while glancing me over. I flipped my hair and we both giggled. "I try" I said.

We pulled off, and I connected my phone to the aux cord. I began to play White Iverson by Post Malone. That's my favorite song.

As I sang along, Kyra took her phone out and started recording me on Snapchat. I was all in the camera dancing and looking cute.

Kyra handed me her phone and we both started cutting up in the camera.  As we pulled up into the school lot we saw it was almost full.  I'm guessing this game was a big deal.

Kyra and I payed for our tickets and took a seat in the bleachers where most of our classmates were. Girls made faces, and guys spoke. The usual. Kyra loves the attention, and me? Well I could really care less.

As the game went on Raheem made hella shots, but along side him was this guy I've never seen at school before. He was really nice on the court. Nicer than Raheem actually.

The game had 12 seconds left in the 4th quarter. The teams were tied. The mystery boy was dribbling down the court. Passing the ball between his legs, he ended up shaking a guy from the opposite team making him fall in front of everyone. People in the bleachers stood up and hollered. The mystery boy tossed the ball to Raheem, and Raheem went up.

The buzzer went off and the ball swished. 3 points hit the board and the crowd went wild! Raheem and the boy celebrated and the team surrounded them.

Kyra and I stepped down to meet with Raheem and congratulate him on his game.

Raheem was shaking hands with a coach when he turned to us and smiled.  "What's up Kyra? & You must be Lacey?" he hugged her,  and held his hand out to me. "Yeah that's me. Nice to meet you! " I said.

The mystery boy walked up to Raheem and dapped him up. "We did that thang tonight bro! The coach from Florida State was out there man! " he exclaimed.

He paused and locked eyes with me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude." he said.  He turned to Kyra and shook her hand. "You must be Kyra. Bro's future girl. " he smiled and Raheem laughed when Kyra blushed.

Then he turned to me and began to stare. For some odd reason, I couldn't stop staring back. "Lacey, this is Tag... The new student, and Raheem's best friend... The guy I was telling you about before." Kyra said.

I began to stutter and fumble over my words. I quickly shut my mouth and put my head down in embarrassment. Tag lifted my head up and grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Nice to meet you shawty" he said in a low voice.

Kyra and Raheem looked at each other and smirked. I just stood there with my mouth open.