Prologue

Everyday I wake up feeling as if I am being suffocated. This strange need to leave, to move, to simply be new places, has been attached to me for a long time now. The feeling of being imprisoned my my city walls makes me feel panicked.
But all of that changes in just under a week. My best friend Lilyen and I are moving from southern Georgia (where we've live forever) to California to pursue our dream careers. Lilyen's of being a YouTube star and professional dancer, and mine of being a successful travel blogger (it's a work in progress). I should be packing, but instead I'm going to the movies with Lil. Most of my stuff is together anyway.
"Are you packed yet" I asked.
"Does it count if a pair of shoes I bought last week are still in the box" she questioned jokingly.
I chuckle slightly, because I know it's true, that she hasn't packed anything yet. But I always pack early, so I have extra time to help her.
"Well, I'll be packing what I haven't sent off yet tomorrow, then I'm free to help you out" I said reassuring her.
"I know" she chuckles, but only because this is a common occurrence. Me being overly prepared, that is.

"Only one day left" I remind myself "twenty-four more hours. You can do it" I think. I feel bad about being so excited to leave. I think my parents are worried that I'm leaving because they did something wrong. No one I know quite understands the way I feel. I'm not leaving because I hate where I live, I'm not leaving because anyone has done anything wrong. I'm leaving because I can't stay here any longer. I'll simply go insane.