New Changes

Jan 9, 2016

“Mom, do we really have to move?” Haneul asked. Mrs. Kim looked at her daughter apologetically, “I’m sorry, honey. I know it’s your last year at Haknam, but we can’t afford it there when your dad lost his job and I work part-time.”
Haneul put on a brave smile, “It’s okay, mom. I understand, I just hope dad gets back on his feet.” She glanced at the closed door, which is her father’s home office. “Don’t worry, your dad will get back on his feet in no time.” Mrs. Kim assured. Haneul nodded.
------
Mr. Kim sighed and leaned back in his chair. He was upset and disappointed.
Upset that he lost his job and disappointed and that he caused his family to worry about him.
“I’m sorry Haneul because of me, you’re going to experience things that you never experienced before. I’m sorry.” Mr. Kim croaked as he sobbed softly making sure his wife and daughter didn’t hear his cry.
*Dad will definitely get back up on his feet and make sure you live comfortably again, Haneul. I promise.* Mr. Kim vowed.
------
Haneul swallowed looking at the house in front of her. It looked run-down. There were some tiles falling off as were the paint.
“This…is our new house?” Haneul looked over at her parents, who were equally horrified. “Honey.” Mrs. Kim clutched onto her husband’s arm. “Let’s go inside.” Mr. Kim declared.
So the Kim family stepped into the squeaky, worn-out gate.
Haneul cautiously glanced around.
Mr. Kim stopped in front of the front door and pulled out the key. He pushed it into the key hole and unlocked the door. When he pushed the door open, it made a creaking sound.
“We’ll need to oil that.” He noted and stepped into the house. Mrs. Kim and Haneul followed him. “Okay, we can tell the movers to start moving in the things.” Mr. Kim turned back to his wife and daughter.
For the next couple of hours, the Kims moved in all their belongings. With the movers help, all the furniture was brought into the house.
By the time they finished bringing in all their boxes it was six p.m. The Kims were exhausted.
“Well, there’s only ramen since we haven’t gone shopping yet.” Mrs. Kim informed. “Yum! Ramen!” Haneul giggled. Mr. Kim chuckled, “Anything with my family is perfect.”
“Alright, each of us has one bowl of ramen.” Mrs. Kim set down three bowls of steaming ramen. “Thank you for the meal!” Haneul thanked, picked up her chopsticks and waited for her parents to eat first. Once they took their first bite, Haneul began to eat her ramen.
Dinner at the Kims residence was filled with laughter and smiles. Once dinner was over, Haneul helped clean up the table. She washed the three bowls and put them on the disk rack.
Haneul pulled off the yellow gloves and set them on the counter. She walked out of the kitchen and switched off the lights. She made her way to her bedroom.
The new house had one level, two rooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and living room. It was really different from her old house that was two levels, four bedrooms, three bathrooms (one in the master bedroom), a kitchen double the size, and a living room double the size also.
Opening the door to her new bedroom, Haneul stepped in. She gently closed the door behind her. She looked around her new room. It was a lot smaller and looked really dull.
Haneul walked over her bed and sat down. She smoothed her covers and sighed. “Kim Haneul, this is your new life now. Get used to it.” She prep talked herself. Then a yawn escaped her lips. “Bed time.” She crawled under her covers and snuggled into her bed.
At least she had something of hers from her old house.

 A/N update done!