Chapter 13: Love.

3 weeks went by and instead of turning to alcohol and woman which he'd usually do, Wilmer spent all of his time in work to try and get the innocent but beautiful woman out of his head. It never worked because he still craved for her, then he realised it, he was beginning to fall for her. He realised that when a woman turned up to his house and offered sex and he didn't want to, he blurted out he was in a relationship as he was thinking of Demi then it all fell together.

"I like her." he muttered to himself, sitting in his office at 3am but not wanting to go home as he knew it'd turn to alcohol which he didn't want to do. He wanted Demi beside him, he wanted to feel her touch as it helps him calm down and he wanted to press his lips against her soft plump ones which he'd been lusting for ever since she left. He hadn't slept in 3 weeks without seeing her face or know she's okay but luckily she hadn't rang Wilmer's assistant to say the business association was off so that gave him hope.

"Your still here?" Wilmer turned to the voice which was his best friend, Jason. He'd been their for him as much as he could but both of them being rich and having huge company's it was hard to hang out. Even though Jason played with woman much like Wilmer, Jason was a nice guy and tried his best to keep a relationship but it never ended well.

"Hey, man." Wilmer crooked out, his voice horse from his worn out voice. Jason sighed at his friend before trying to think of a way to help him, he'd only ever seen Wilmer like this when his mom and sister had died but it wasn't like he couldn't get Demi. Jason sat on the couch in the corner before looking up to hi friend.

"Wilmer, come on dude! Your usually throwing them away anyway, what's the difference? Just find another girl." Jason shrugged, he didn't know much about the girl but Wilmer did talk about her a few times. He hated his best friends sex life but didn't get involved between it because Wilmer would never listen to anyone.

"What's the difference? Everything, she's not a slut, she's a virgin and I love that! I usually don't but I do, she doesn't care about money like other girls which I love! She's caring and puts other people's needs before hers and I love that too, everything about her. She's driving me crazy! What do I do now? Why do I want this one girl?" Wilmer frustratedly smashed his hand against the desk which was in front of him before letting out a deep breath to clam himself down.

"Woah. You like virgins? You've never liked girls like that, oh my god, you like her. You finally found a girl you like!" Jason jumped up and hugged his best friend who shrugged, he didn't know what he was feeling. Jason had been waiting for Wilmer to finally settle down like everybody else who cares for him and finally it happened.

"Dude, stop moping around. Your Wilmer Valderrama, go and find away to bring her back." Jason chuckled before walking out of his friends office without another word. Wilmer sat in his office the whole night thinking about something before finally found it when Demi's father rang.

"Mr. Lovato- Listen here you stupid shit! I tried to help you out, but then you go ahead and ruin my daughters life because she isn't talking to me and hasn't been out of her house. So, your going to fix it since you screwed it up. I want my daughter happy and if it's not with you then don't go to her!" Wilmer listened closely to her angry father before asking.

"How do you know when your in love?" That earned a groan from him, Wilmer had never been able to ask his dad anything and he didn't know if he'd ever been in love because everything was sex and leave experience but this time it wasn't, so he asked the man who'd he'd learnt to trust.

"You do not have feelings for my daughter, Wilmer. Please don't say you do! Oh my god, this is surprising. I thought you was a stupid ass man but you like her, okay uh love is-" the excitement disappeared when the man stopped talking, memories of him and his wife rushed through his head and he'd never even thought about her usually. He sighed after minutes of nothing.

"Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. To love somebody isn't just a strong feeling, it's a decision, a judgement and a promise. Love is knowing somebody's weakness and not taking advantage of them. Knowing their flaws and excepting who they are. Something I couldn't do..." He whispered the last part and Wilmer felt sorry for the man.

"I don't think I love Demi just yet, I do have a lot of feelings towards her and I love every single inch of her. Demi told me that you and her mom are cheating on each other, see but you always tell my dad you are as happy as ever?" Wilmer asked the man, not caring about how he'd react.

"Yeah, your on your way kid. Sometimes, people drift apart and Diana had a lot of problems in the past which I helped her with but she pushed me away. I don't want that to happen with you and Demi... If you do both love each other which at the moment Demi doesn't." Wilmer frowned, the thought of Demi pushing him away like hours ago scared him.

"You've got to try harder then. Demi pushed me away but I'm not giving up, you did. Can I tell you something about yourself Patrick? Your a nice guy and you've been an amazing friend go my dad but you wasn't nice to your wife, you let money take control of your like and that's why she pushed you away. It wasn't her fault, it was yours. Your just too much of a dick to go and find her, you daughter hated how you both are separated and I think she's scared of love because over the years she's watching you both." Wilmer finished, he didn't care about how he spoke to Patrick because he needed to know it was his mistake.

"Hmm, don't screw my daughter Wilmer." Patrick ended the call to sit on the couch, he hadn't spoke to his wife for months and when he did it was one word answers for his daughters birthday. Finally, he rang her. The woman he hadn't spoken to for long and hadn't even phoned for years, but he loved her, he never stopped. After the 5th ring he was going to give up before he heard it, her voice.

"Hello? Patrick." The confusion in her voice was clear as Patrick had to calm himself down, he always hated trying to speak to her because he always messed up. Finally, he spoke up.

"Diana, uh-" He couldn't speak, he lost everything he'd planned to say but Demi came to mind as he spoke then Wilmer's words. He sighed silently.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done, I know it doesn't make up for everything but I just wanted you to know." Patrick spoke, sincerity in his voice. He ran a hand through his hair as the woman on the phone was silent, she didn't know what to say. Finally, she spoke up after agonising minutes.

"Patrick, what do you want? Why are you ringing me suddenly? Is Demi okay?! Oh my god, what happened?" She flew questions out at him, panicking as the thought of her daughter being heard but before he got a word in she spoke quickly,

"I'm coming home!"