'I'm Trying!'

Weightless - All Time Low

'We've taken like twenty selfies Drew!'.

'But we both look so good!' He smirked.

I laughed, 'Do I look okay? It's hard to look decent for a meeting with Gran and a date with you'.

Dressed in a pastel grey short shirt-styled dress that reached my thighs, I had decided on a pair of long dark grey suede boots that reached my knees, along with a waterfall cardigan of the same shade. I was wearing the gold Statement necklace Luke had gotten me for my birthday and had stacked a few rings on. On my lips were a dusty greige shade of matte liquid lipstick and I had aligned the flicks of my wings perfectly.

'You're gorgeous' he slyly smiled, running a hand against my arm.

I gave Drew a quick hug, 'I'll be back soon okay'.

He nodded, 'Meanwhile I'll decide on a decent photo of us for Instagram'.

'Totally time consuming' I laughed before pushing open Gran's door as Drew walked away.

'Hi Gran!' I grinned as I entered.

'Good morning' She stiffly replied, 'Have a seat'.

I did so then met her gaze and stiffened, 'Is any-'.

'Read that' Gran shoved a newspaper article at me as I peered in confusion.

The headline screamed, 'PRINCESS EMERGES AS DRAMA QUEEN'  my heart had already dropped at the sight of me storming out of that diner.

I flicked open to the certain page and scanned through:

We all thought Alexis had won us over with her heartwarming speech but was it too good to be true?

Sources tell us that last week the modern princess was seen storming out of a diner after having a heated argument with another girl. Guess this is just another typical teenager; overprotective around her boyfriend and harsh to all other girls.

The culture of Granada has been shoved down a hole as many suggest that Alexis has dumped her new boyfriend already.

So is she just another self- absorbed girl under all those pious words?

I groaned and slammed the article down, 'Who writes this crap?'.

'Who gave them the impression you were acting like crap?' Gran retorted.

'I left the diner because Mia was a total Serena. You can't expect me to act civilised around people like that!' I defensively replied.

'Who brought you into their company? Your darling Drew?'.

'Okay I'll admit he was at fault in the beginning but he apologis-'

'You think you can casually just take back anyone who apologises? Haven't you learnt your mistake with Toby?'.

I glanced down, dang.

Totally forgot to tell her.

'Really Alexis?'.

'Okay hear me out. Toby gave me a heartfelt apology and it wasn't just him who wanted to at least rekindle our friendship. We'd both been cowards and couldn't face our problems so things got a bit out of control before'.

Gran rolled her eyes, 'What about this playboy of yours?'.

'Yes Drew was an entire jerk at first and I was totally naïve, but-'.