Larmau Story Part 1

This is a new Larmau story. This is in Aphmau's POV.

-

"Aphmau." Laurance said, breathless, seeing as we had just encountered war.

"Yes, Laurance?"

"Are you okay?" He asked in a panicked tone.

"Ye- well sort of..." I stopped. Laurance has been worried sick about Garroth, I shouldn't make him worry more. The fact that Garroth didn't even assist in this war, makes us both sick to our stomachs. Where could Garroth be? Did I do something to him? Did Laurance do something to him?

"Well, Aphmau," He says breaking my train of thought "The war is over thanks to Nicole."

"I know, this is... a lot... to take in..." I said, losing my train of thought again.

"Aphmau, as soon as you figure things out with the Lord of Scaleswind. Let's meet at your house, okay?"

"Okay." I replied. I wanted to keep it short and simple. The longer I talk, the more likely tears are to come. I take a big gulp and keep walking. I arrive at the Old Guard Station, where the Lord of Scaleswind is being held. Not as a prisoner though.

"Hello, Lord of Scaleswind." I say trying to sound steady but slightly failing.

"Hello, Aphmau." The Lord says, He says it in a snarky tone, heh, reminds me of Kaitlyn.

"Hear me out. I need your full attention for this." I start to tell him of our situation and ask him why he started the war in the first place but, I start to break down. No. I must remain strong. For Phoenix Drop. As I finish explaining our situation to the Lord of Scaleswind, He nods his head, almost as if he has been through this before. He listens, and then I give him a turn to speak. He doesn't say much, and instead of telling me why he started the war, instead he asked to be left alone. So I left. As I'm on my way back to my house to meet Laurance, something stops me. A tall, blonde figure that is very similar to me. Garroth. My heart rate picks up, I hope he's here to apologize for not assisting in the war.

"Garroth! Oh my gosh! Are you okay? Where have you been?" I ask ecstatic yet scared to see him. The Garroth I know has been absent recently, and I don't like the Garroth that has taken over.

"I'm fine Aphmau. I have been clearing my mind." I'm astonished by his answer, clearing his mind? That sounds nothing like Garroth. I come up with something that I think will break this new Garroth and let the old Garroth back inside of it's shell.

"I wish to speak to Garroth, protector of the innocent, the one who has sworn to protect this village, and its people." I try to say this sentence with confidence, because I know that the real Garroth is in there somewhere. But as I'm thinking this, Garroth gets up and leaves. I might be wrong, Garroth may have lost himself... completely. As I continue my walk up to my house I feel my throat clench up, my heart start to race and I feel the tears run down my cheeks. I can't help it now, but I must stay strong. For Phoenix Drop. I walk into my house and know where Laurance is. I walk into the basement and as soon as I get there, I burst out in tears. I'm an adult, I should know how to handle my emotions, I shouldn't cry, but when you've worked years and years on something, it's hard to see if fall right in front of your eyes. After what felt like an eternity of crying, I finally regained my composure. I looked up at Laurance who, so very kindly, just let me cry. My heart rate has come down to a rate that a normal person has, and I spoke.

"Laurance, I'm sorry. I shouldn't let you see me like this." Before I could continue Laurance cuts me off.

"Aphmau. No. Stop. You of all people, have the right to feel this way. You of all people should be crying right now. You of all people just lost something you can never get back!" Laurance starts to get heated, and I hate it.