The Ghost King is One Heck of a Hero

A/N: Hey mah peeps! Sorry I've been gone so long, I had some issues I had to work out....Anyway! I'm back now so no worries. All is fixed. Now to the chapter, have fun! :D

___________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                                       Thana's POV

"Well then, that's just perfect. Just. Freaking. Perfect!" Came my complaint again, my eyes blazing a bright red for a flashing second. After the redhead (whom I now knew was the Oracle of Delphi) left, I began pacing on the beautiful green grass near the creek. "The moment I get to the land of the flippin' living, I get a prophecy that says I'm destined to either destroy the world and the Gods of Olympus, or the 'seven' get to save me and help me become a stupid savoir!" I growl, still pacing.

Annabeth, Percy, and Nico are all staring at me looking sort of confused. "Why are you so freaked out about this Thanatos? Man it makes me feel weird calling you that." Percy asked, making an uncomfortable face. I hiss in frustration, "Because I hate saving people! I don't save! I kill and destroy! If I try to save someone, they end up dying anyway! I tried to save Bianca, look how that turned out! I tried to save my mom, and she is DEAD because of me!" I roar, my hands curled into fists as I direct my glare at the ground. Tears gather in my eyes and I growl again, frustrated as I wipe them away. I felt the shock coming from the three demi-gods and I cringed away, sensing them getting closer and try to comfort me. "Get AWAY!" I scream, suddenly jerking my wings and flapping them hard, sending a strong gust of wind and knocking them back.

'I had no reason to react like this, I normally keep to myself. Why am I breaking down now? Why is it I'm showing weakness to them? I am a daughter of Death for crying out loud! Better yet I'm the guardian to the entrance of Tartarus, I'm no sniveling baby!' I think to myself as I shamefully turned tail and flew hard into the sky, ignoring Nico, Percy, and Anabeth's calls to come back.

Nico's POV

"Shit! I knew I shouldn't have taken her out like this!" I swear, kicking the dirt as I watched Thana's beautiful form fade into the moon-lit clouds. I huffed and kicked the dirt again as she vanished from my sight. "Wow. Issues much?" Annabeth quips, making me frown. 

"She has every reason to be like that. She really does. She has grown up around the immortals, around the suffering of Tartarus. She's seen it all and had to remain stone-faced and such, like her dad. It's not easy living up to something like that, I should know." I growl softly, almost shocking myself at the protectiveness in my tone. "I was lucky enough to be with my sister here, in the mortal world. You and Percy were lucky enough to have parents that cared, to have a childhood. Thana had no childhood, no anything fun, not any motherliness aside from Persephone, and her father doesn't care about her other than her power and ability. So don't judge her Annabeth, because she has every right to be as emotional and reactive as she wants, for a while at least." I finish, feeling more protective than I should have for a girl I just met. 

They both stare at me, their jaws on the floor. "Whoa....That would be harsh. Since we've been through Tartarus, I think we get it now..." Percy murmurs, nudging Annabeth who for once kept her mouth shut and just nodded. We started to walk back to camp and found it was a buzz of rumors and activities, even though Artemis's moon was high in the sky. "Hey! There they are!" yelled an Apollo girl, pointing to us. We sighed in unison, already expecting questions. "Guess we have to wait for her to come back." Annabeth murmurs, resigning herself to patience.

Thana's POV

I flew without looking where I was going, tears falling from my cheeks as I flew hard and cried the same way. "I'm so freaking useless!" I scream at the sky, allowing my heart to wring the sadness out and the grief that I haven't been allowed to show for the past years of my life. I continue to wail, but I stop moving so fast and far away. I'm above the waters of the ocean now but I don't dare go down, so I just hover there, sobbing as my cries of pain and anguish echo through the moon-lit darkness. After about an hour or two, my sobbing fades to a soft whimper and I take in a shaky breath, turning and starting to fly back. Suddenly I hear the jingling of bells and then the sound of "Watch out you foolish girl!" being screamed at me before I feel the force of a hoof connecting to the back of the forehead. Cue the blackout and typical exasperated last sigh.

((A/N Aaaaand that's the end of this chapter. :P I know it was a little short, but I wanted a cliffhanger. Anyway, if y'all have any OC's to add or anything, feel free to put them in a comment of some sort or send me a PM. Must have details and whatnot. I'm rambling so I'm gonna sign off for now, peace out my little darklings.))