Chapter One

Chapter 1. (CHLOE'S POV)

  “Skylar! Skylar! Skylar!” I could hear the crowd shouting his name. I pulled my best friend by the hand and jerked her to move faster. It was after Math class and I could already hear crowds of students gathering at the hallway, cheering for his name. I, too, was a fan of Skylar Zephyr. I was more than a fan. I had a huge crush on him since elementary school, where we first met. I thought he was the most darling thing that I’ve ever seen in my life.

   Skylar zephyr is the most popular guy in school. He was tall, muscular and really handsome. His perfect blue eyes are simply dazzling. He wears the most amazing perfume and clothes. His voice is the most beautiful thing ever heard and when he sings, even angels in the sky would fall to their knees. He was just the perfect guy at school. The guy, which every girl dreams of. The one, which every other boys dream to be.

I pulled Charlotte, my best friend, out of class quickly, the moment the bell rang. I ran down the hallway with her, and had to push through the crowd, in order to get a view of Skylar. I tipped-toed a little so I could get a glimpse of him. He was as stunning as usual. He wore his signature black jacket over his tight-fitting black shirt – which compliments his body figure so well. He had great pants on, and even from a distance away, I could smell the sweet fragrance of his perfume. Next to him, were two new body guards. In front of him, stood a slender woman, it was Deborah Simmons.

 Deborah Simmons is a well-known manager in the music industry. She had groomed and managed many teenage bands and even soloists that were highly talented. She was a powerful woman. She is like that fierce supervisor at your workplace, the horrible teacher that you don’t want to get for class and that really cold-hearted mother that is strict with her kid. Deborah Simmons was all of that. She raised starlets with discipline towards fame. Which is why, she is just great in her own way.

The whole student body knew why Deborah Simmons and the body guards were here. It has only been a night since a music company uploaded a video of Skylar singing and dancing, on the internet. Within hours, it was the most viewed, most favorite and the most commented video online. This was what caught Deborah’s attention and brought her here. She was obviously impressed with Skylar’s in-built talents and was pretty amazed by how the video had become popular, so fast. Skylar is like a total gem to her. She was definitely here to excuse him from school.

      Parading down the hallway, the school’s principal – Mr. Harold Cowell and the school’s discipline master – Miss Barbara Jovi, made their way next to Deborah Simmons. Miss Jovi turned on the loud haler which screeched and pained everyone’s ears. Everyone moaned while Miss Jovi clears a throat and begin to speak.

“Listen, we have a really important announcement to make. So pay attention.”  The hall quiet down immediately. Everyone listened carefully. Seeing that the hall was quiet, Miss Jovi passed the loud haler to Deborah Simmons.

         “You all do know that your dear schoolmate is becoming a star. There are many things we need to do to prepare for the arrival of this rising star.”  Deborah began.

“First of all, I need everybody’s help by forming Skylar a fan club. Every star needs a fan. Skylar have got good fans like all of you. I believe that you will help him out right? I mean, all of you studies in the same school, if he becomes famous, YOU become famous. Isn’t it?” Deborah spoke.

Everyone started whispering to each other, I could hear the excitement in everybody’s voices. All the people were excited, except for one. All, except Charlotte was excited. I looked at Charlotte while she rolled her eyes.

“Total bullshit. He would forget about you, the moment, he becomes famous.” Charlotte said realistically.

“Well, we all know that...I mean, we could give him a little support too though, you know.” I told Charlotte.