Chapter 15

I woke the next day with the feeling of kisses along my neck. I smiled, knowing Morgan was beside me. I rolled over onto my back and came face to face with Morgan.

“Good morning,” I greeted him.

“Good morning.” He kissed me.

I sat up. “So, what are we doing today?”

“I’m thinking we can go down to the river and go swimming.”

“That sounds great.”

“But before we go down there, I need you to do something for me.”

“What’s that?”

“Okay, I know you said you don’t like to eat breakfast, but I want you to try and eat something for me.”

I stared at him, hoping he was joking. There was no way I was eating for him or for anyone else. I hated eating breakfast. Smelling bacon and eggs or any kind of breakfast food turns my stomach upside down. I could smell something. I wasn’t sure what it was but it was starting to make me sick.

Morgan grabbed a tray that was behind him and placed it in front of me. There was two slices of French toast on the plate with a scoop of chocolate mint ice cream. I looked up at him. What is he trying to do to me?

“I made the French toast this morning,” he said.

I looked down at the food and then back at Morgan. “I can’t eat this.”

“Sure you can.”

“No, I can’t. The sight of it is making me sick. I seriously don’t like eating breakfast.”

“You wouldn’t eat it even if it was covered with your favourite ice cream?”

“You aren’t supposed to eat ice cream in the morning.”

He dipped his finger into the ice cream. “Would you eat it from my finger?” He held his finger in front of my mouth.

“Not even that,” although truthfully I really did want to lick it from his finger.

When I didn’t lick his finger, he cleaned his finger by wiping it on a napkin that was on the tray.

“Would you eat it if I smooth the ice cream all over my chest for you to lick?” he asked.

I gave him a shove, laughing at the same time. “No! It’s a tempting offer but I’m not going to do it.”

“Okay, well I won’t give you any kisses until you eat something.” He gave me a cheeky smile. “So it looks like it you won’t be getting any kisses from me ever again if you don’t eat something.”

“You know you’re so going to die if you don’t ever kiss me again.”

“Yeah, I know. So, are you going to eat?”

I looked down at the food, my stomach still turning upside down. I can’t believe Morgan is making me do this. I don’t even know why people even bother to try and get me to eat the meal. I’m never going to eat it.

I grabbed a piece of toast and held it in front of me. I made a face at it, trying to figure out if I should eat it or not. Morgan watched me carefully and I knew his eyes were never going to leave me until I place it into my mouth. I squeezed my eyes shut and brought the toast to my mouth. I opened my mouth and took a bite of it, chewing it slowly. I admit it that it wasn’t bad. Actually it’s delicious.

I shallow it and then opened my eyes. Morgan was smiling at me.

“See, it wasn’t that bad, was it?” he asked me.