1*

Rachel

I woke up really early on Sunday. But only to a knock and a ring at my door. Who would be here on the first of January?

"Here's a package." The man said giving a box wrapped with paper. Before I could ask him who it was from, he was already in his truck and driving away.

I close my door and put the package on the table. Who the hec would send me something? I didn't order anything online.

I carefully opened the package. There was no information on where or who it was from. As I unwrapped it I was left with a small white box with the words "Day 1." What does that mean?

I open the box slowly revealing 7 different puzzle pieces with pictures that I couldn't make out. I put the pieces that would go together and all was a small part. I couldn't make out what is was since they were very small pieces.

Why was someone sending me puzzle pieces this new year? Who were they from?

I sigh as my questions are unanswered and out the pieces back in the box and somewhere safe. I decided to get ready for work.

I take a small quick shower and then put on my moistures and dried my hair fully with the blow dryer. I then pick it my outfit to wear. A red sweater, some black skinny jeans, and my leather new high boots. I brush my hair and fix it so is not as frizzy and then do my make up. I don't go to big with my makeup. I did a small amount of brown eyeshadow and some eyeliner. When I finished, I saw that it was still little early to go to work. I go to my kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal and eat up while going through my phone. Living alone in my apartment was nice, at least I could get peace and quiet for once.

I finally finish up eating and grab my things and leave the house. I get into my car and start driving to work. The drive was shorter than usual but at least I still made it on time.

My job is a truck router. For the Amazon company, I have to map out the trucks route to the persons house who ordered something. It was a well paying job and was easy. Everyone had their divider to indicate whose desk and space is who's. There wasn't many people in the office. At the most it was 20. When I walked in the office, everyone greeted me as I made my way to my desk and computer and started routing.

"Rache." Jay whisper yells getting my attention as I smile at him.

Jay.

Jay has been my boyfriend for almost 2 years. And he worked with me, which was fun. Except for his sex jokes, those were annoying yet I still loved them.

"Dinner at my house tonight?" He then whispers again as I just nod and give him a thumbs up as my eyes were still focused on the computer screen.

I finished at least 6 truck routes and then it was lunch break. I walked to the break room with Jay as he was talking about what his dog, pogo, did to him this morning.

"Now I have to clean all my sheets again tonight because of his slobber." He then groans as he sits at a table with two chairs. I got to the vending machine and buy three of the cinnamon buns. You may be wondering why I got 3, well two of them are for me just letting you know.

I sit in didn't of jay and pass him his Cinnabon as he starts eating it. I start eating mine while staring at the tv. I then started opening my second Cinnabon as jay was staring at me.

"Fatty." He then says.

"Bitch." I then say flipping him off as he just laughs and then smiles.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask stuffing the Cinnabon inside my mouth.

"You." He then says. My heart melts.

"What about me?" I then say with my mouth full.

"Everything about you." He then says smiling as I blush and swallow the remaining of the food that was in my mouth. He then leans in and cleans the corner of my mouth with his thumb.

I then look up at the tv ignoring what just happened. I turn up the volume.

"Harry Styles from One Direction has been spotted around Salem Oregon, where his sister is living. He's been on a vacation on so has the rest of the boys."

Harry Styles.

The name sounded so familiar I just I couldn't make it out.

"Maybe we'll run into him." Jay laughs as I do too.

"Maybe." I chuckle as our lunch break is over and we head back to our desks. I finish more routes and then I'm finally off work. I kiss Jay saying I'll meet him at his house then get into my car.

Once I arrive home, I change from my clothes to my pajamas. I then go on Netflix for the rest of the night. Watching some friends episodes.

_________

Hope you like the first chapter!

qotd: what is your favorite food?

Yanni xx.