The normal days

The days when we went to school like normal kids.
When we sat in class without a care in the world.
Those days are over

I wish I wasn't so friendly that day.We'd all still be normal kids.
Well,not all of us.Not Tris
She'd be dead.So would Mr Benson.
Probably.
It was one seemingly normal day in the quiet little town of Breeson;all the kids at school and adults doing whatever they usually did.
Breesonn high was a normal as could be; students loitering in the halls at lunch break,a gang of seniors harassing a girl or two,a few fist fights here and there.
Perfectly normal.
Then there was me.
Sad little me.

      I wish I was short at that time. I wouldn't have seen that lonely little exchange student standing alone.
I wouldn't have had compassion. I wouldn't have slinked over to her.
I wouldn't have spoken to Tris.
"Uh, hi," I blurted,surprised at the words that managed to escaped my mouth.This strange little white haired girl looked up at me with eyes a shade of blue I've never seen before.I forced at smile and turned to see Darren,my best friend strolling our way.
I turned back to my petite acquaintance and to my surprise,she managed a very quiet"hi".
  I don't think Darren even noticed this queer girl staring into my soul with her huge,blue eyes;he was gazing at Miranda,his crush since 7th grade.The girl glared then stared with a certain disappointment I could never understand. I nuged my dark skinned friend to catch his attention.
"Valore,right? Tris Valore?"
"Um...of course"
I wasn't surprised he knew her name,given he was the attendance prefect. He actually noticed Tris locking eyes with me.Searching for something.I guess she finally found what it was, because she gave a faint smile you could only trace if you were very observant,which I was,unfortunately. It nearly cost me my life.