32:

"Oh come on Rome that is a lie!" Bryan said shoving his loaded hamburger into his mouth for another bite. He was laughing.

"No, its not Bry. Your telling me that you don't remember all that shit we pulled off back in the day?" Rome asked starting to pick up his beer. He was just waiting to start an argument with Bryan.

I could see it on his face the corky smile as he stared at Bryan. I knew that they were both playing but the gravity between them was insane. I've never seen them like this. Like this stare down type of thing. It was crazy.

Casey looked at me and raised her eyebrows waiting for me to jump in and make them stop. She took a sip of her Crystal light expecting me to stay something. Anything to make the conversation change. Obviously, she was so utterly freaked out with the conversations that it needs to change. Casey was never into that, I remember when her parents would argue and she would break and break over every time. Over time she would literally hide in the corner to try and escape the yelling. As bad as that sounds I stuck with my best friend through thick and thin even with the shit I had going on at home. To her, I was her anchor.

I smiled slightly and butted through the awkward stare between Bryan and Rome. I literally got up and sat on Bryan's lap making him catch himself off gaurd. "Will you please come with me O'Connor?" I mumbled leaning into him slightly whispering into his ear looking up at him.

He raised his right eyebrow and got up walking into the house with me. He leaned over the counter watching me put our plates into the dishwasher. "we were just kidding around. Just some screwed up memories. It's no big deal Shay I promise"

I grabbed the towel and snapped it at him laughing. I hit him in the wrist. "I know that you were kidding, but Casey was having a hard time with it. It sounds stupid but she has a past with that. I just don't want to her to have an anxiety attack with that shit" I explained.

He nodded and yanked the black and white hand towel away for me. My jaw dropped knowing what was going to happen next. I moved around the counter as he lunged at me laughing.

"No, Bryan! That's not even fair!" I yelled trying to avoid the pain splintering playful snaps of the towel Bryan threw at me. I turned to face it.

He fluffed back his hair quickly and smiled looking at me. Just his expression set it all up. I just couldn't stop laughing. His blue eyes sparkled into the setting sun. I love that about him, his eyes are just so pretty I can never get over them! but, of course now I can wake up looking at them for the rest of my life.

My reflexes were fast and almost immediately I caught the towel in mid snap and pulled it away from him. "Remember that I am the one with superpowers" I flashed my 'other eyes' at him smiling.

"Well, remember that I am the ex-cop. And have reflexes just as fast as you" He laughed yanking it back from me. He held it over his head and just waited for me to basically jump for it.

Not literally jumping for it, I was reaching for it leaning on him as he pulled and pulled it away from me every chance he got leaning over the counter bending backwards. If he would just give me back the flippin' towel we wouldn't be fighting over something as stupid as this... I pushed on his chest one last time trying to grab the towel from him "Seriously just give me the towel" I laughed looking into his eyes.

He smiled and kissed my lips carefully. "I missed this" he whispered hugging me. He rapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"Aye! It's getting pretty hot and steamy in here, get a room O'Connor" Rome laughed pushing through the door laughing with Casey walking in on us.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, sliding my hands down Bryan's chest slightly and looked at my friends. I looked at Bryan expecting him to flip his best friend off or something close to that in their joking way of friendships.