Chapter 8: Price Tag

A/N: Shall I change the title? Let me suggestions in the comments (:

Here we are, at the park. I’m actually spending my Saturday morning in a park… with Christina Lynne Cimorelli.

 And I don’t know why, but it doesn’t feel as weird as it felt with Katherine, maybe because she was at my house yesterday… or is it because she looks so much to a teacher?

“Okay so, did you write anything more yesterday?” she asked.

 I shook my head.

“Okay, so, let me see”

 I handle her my notebook and she started reading.

 When she finished, she started giving me more ideas. Like she’d say something and I would write it with my own words and ideas. That was pretty cool.

 Christina is such a creative person, and the fact that she’s so down to Earth helps too. This isn’t going to be another of those pointless fairytales stories that I’m pretty sure my classmates will write. Nope. This is turning to be such a good and mature story. It is about flying. Yup, flying. I really don’t know how it ended up like that, but I like it.

 I have always seen flying as freedom. Don’t know why really. I just do.

 I wrote another three hundred words. Man, is NOT that easy, really.

“Are you hungry?” Christina asked.

 I shook my head.

“Did you have breakfast?”

 I shook my head once again.

“Roxanne!”

“Yeah, I know, I just wasn’t hungry” I said finally lifting my head.

 She sighed.

“How are you feeling with all this?” she asked quietly.

 I looked at her. She was staring at the floor.

“Mind to explain?” I said.

 She looked at me too.

“I mean, this thing that happened with your aunt, and you practically living alone-“

“I’m barely alone” I interrupted her with a smile.

“Well yeah, but me and Kath... Are you comfortable with that?”

 Oh dear Christina, if you only knew how okay I’m with it.

 I shrugged.

“It doesn’t affect me at all”

“Can I hug you?” she asked with such a tiny voice.

 I slyly nodded my head. She hugged me and seconds later I heard her sobbing.

“A-are you okay?”

“It’s just” she pulled away and rubbed her eyes “It’s too much for me, I mean I know there’s people worst and dad is with us but-“

“You miss your mom” I cut her off.

 She sighed again and nodded.

“It’s okay” I said and touched her shoulder “It’s totally normal, you were used to have her every day by your side, and now you don’t it’s just weird”

“I’m scare something might happen to her and that we won’t have her around again” she confessed.

 I shook my head.