~Chapter Two~

BEN P.O.V

             I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm blaring right next to my head. I must've fallen asleep sometime last night. I try to wipe the sleep out of my eyes, and attempt to find my glasses. After fumbling around for about ten minutes I finally find them under my bed. "Fucking finally" I sigh to no one in particular. After forcing myself to stand up and get the day started, I trudge over to the bathroom and splash some cold water on my face. "Really? Am I that stupid?" I ask as soon as I realize I forgot to take off my glasses, that are now wet and smudgy. I look in the mirror and sigh as I clean them on some shirt I found lying on the floor, "You look like shit Ben" I say to my reflection . "Pull yourself together and get dressed before you're late."

            When I get to work I check my email and see there's a pep rally coming up and they want some chorus classes to sing the national anthem. I have about three weeks to make them...well not suck. To get ready for the day I go online and print about 70 copies of the sheet music, maybe I could make them all do the song and see which grade does the best, and let them preform it.  Yeah I think that could work.

           When the first class of the day comes in I immediately get things started. "Who here knows the National Anthem?" I ask to the class of talking 8th graders. I see a lot of hands go in the air and a couple confusing glances. "Well congrats you get to learn it and if you're the best of 7th or 8th grade you get to preform it at the next pep rally!" I say as enthusiastically as I can. I see a couple guys laugh at me and even hear a few murmurs of "Dude he's so gay" and "Ha! what a fag!" Ouch...Kids really are fucking mean. But I still see a few faces light up at the idea. I walk over to my desk and take a drink of Diet coke... yeah I know I'm obsessed whatever. I then proceed to have all the girl circle around the piano. "I'm going to tell you guys a short song and I need you to sing it so I can sort you to Altos and Sopranos." I start to tell them the solfege  and have them repeat it a few times before asking them to sing.

            Some girls cooperate with me and sing but most just sit there and their eyes dart around. Great...they're nervous. I start to sing it and they soon join. after I fade out I walk around and tell them to sit on a certain side of the room where their new assigned seats would be. After the girls I move on to the guys to separate them into Bassists and Tenors. Every class goes the same but the sixth grade because their voices haven't quite started to develop. I look and see I don't have lunch duty today so I go over and talk to the new art teacher across the hall.

            She's a short black woman, looks pretty young, and I learned her name is Amanda. "I'm Ben, the chorus teacher from across the hall.", I introduce myself. We continue to talk and I learn that it's not just the chorus students that are annoying, it's all of them. After we talk I get to planning and put together a list of supplies for my class. It's not much just the required concert dress or four piece tux for the eighth grader and a 1 inch binder with paper for notes and sheet music. Yep, it was a productive day.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

Guys I'm so sorry this took so long and that it's so short

posting schedule soon, I'll probably post on the weekends but I will try to make them longer as the story goes on these are just little fillers until they meet and it will be soon because that's probably what you're reading this for. But I still need names for that "special guy" that's coming up...don't forget to comment vote and stay HELLA awesome. Also don't forget to give me some feed back on this chapter because that would also be (HELLA) awesome ;)

XXA