Chapter Eighteen

Ball music fills the air while people stand in groups, either shaking each other's hands or talking. They look elegant in their ball dress and gowns. A mask is on everyone's face.

I look around the room making sure I keep my eyes on Isabella as she talks with other Luna's. I've met thirty three people. Names of who I forgot but I'm sure one day I will remember. I highly doubt it.

I keep my head tall and speak politely. I nod at those who nodded at me and laughed at those who actually said something funny. I now shift my gaze at where Isabella is walking now. She's walking to me. Shit.

"Ava, come. I want you to meet an Alpha and his Luna." She grabs my arm and almost drags me there. I laugh at her eagerness and let her drag. I never thought a Luna could have so much fun.

"Alpha Cole, Luna Linda, meet our new Beta Ava," she says pointing. I bow my head showing my respect before speaking. "Alpha Cole, Luna Linda, what an honor it is to meet you." Good thing Alex told me I'm suppose to be supper polite and kiss ass.

"Oh nonsense darling call us Cole and Linda," the Luna slurs with an accent.

Well someone is drunk.

Werewolves couldn't get drunk, but half breeds could. I smile at how bold she is to get drunk and still be a Luna.

"They are good friends of Lucas and I," Isabella explains. "We grew up together. All of us actually. Except I thought Cole was going to be my mate and Lucas Linda's," she laughs.

"Oh how those where the young days," chuckles Cole like he was looking at a flashback.

Music starts to play even louder as people squeals in excitement and rushes to find there mate and dance. What is it with people and their music?

"May you excuse us," says Cole putting Linda's drink down on the near table and taking her hand. She smiles brightly as he winks at her whisking her away.

"Care to dance Ava?" Ask Isabella holding out her hand. "You know, I really don-" Isabella grabs my arm yet again and takes me to the dance floor.

I sigh deeply and roll my eyes. Isabella only laughs mouthing the word 'sorry'.

I laugh a bit as we both twist and twirl until the music changes. People let go of each other's arms and into someone else's. "Whoa, what's going on?" I ask looking like I was crazy.

"It's okay. You just change your dance partners. Once they let go of your arms you go to someone else. People tend to chat with the others. Good luck," she says.

"Good luck? No Isabella no!" I say but it was to late. She spins me around and let's go. I repeat let's go!

I spin but not soon after I am in the arms of a man. My body is now tense and I'm on high alert. I cut off all emotions just to be prepared for anything.

"I am Beta Liam. I am not really a Beta but I am accompanying an Alpha," he starts. "Who do I have the honor of dancing with, this beautiful woman?" I could feel my cheeks burn a red but shrug it off.

"Ava. Beta Ava."

"A lovely name indeed. Your dancing is exquisite," he smiles. "Thank you. Yours isn't too bad either. Tell me, do you enjoy things like this?"

My eyes are roaming around the room making sure I keep an eye on Isabella. "No," he says which makes me look dead in his light blue eyes. "No? Why is that?"

"Because I feel no need to sweep a girl off her feet. Only to not see her face or ever again," he says boldly.  "I feel like it will hurt a lot. To get to know someone so beautiful, someone who looks so intelligent, and sexy only to say goodbye."