Chapter 3

Heaped Up

Chapter 3

---------------------------

The sunlight made its way to my face through the gap between the curtains. It bathed my skin as I let my head get burried in the pillow. I opened my eyes and let them roam around the room. This was definetly not my room. My vision was blurred and my head was pounding. I fought the urge to puke and pulled myself out of bed. I walked to the door and cracked it open. I spotted a soft-green couch and a head was popping out of it. I walked slowly to him. I was about to take a peek at his face when suddenly I got tripped over a shirt and landed on the ground with a loud thud that could've caused an avalache if we were in the Himalayas. 

"Holy shit Boston, are you okay?" The guy jumped up from the couch and shook my shoulders. I widened my eyes to recognize him.

It was Marc. 

---------------------------------------------- 

 "Thanks." I said as Marc handed me a cup of black coffee and took a sip. It kind of burnt my tongue but I ignored it. My mind was too busy and full of unanswered questions.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him.

"Because you were unconcious on the street." He answered casually.

"How did you find me?" I questioned.

"I asked Meth about you and he just shrugged so I assumed you went for a walk when suddenly I saw you lying on the floor with blood on your knees." He responded.

"Um-Thanks." 

"It's fi-" He was cut off by me slipping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his chest. I smelled his scent. It was a mixture of musk, sandalwood and vanilla. It was warm and fresh. I let myself enjoy the feeling of his firm abs against my cheeks.

"That's enough, I guess." He pushed me slightly.

"Why would you do all of that?" I asked curiously.

"I've been an asshole to you." He rubbed his hands together, it seemed like a habit to him whenever he was at a loss of words or nervous. "And Meth is making it harder." His features looked sad and his eyes darkened which made them more intense and strong. 

"You've never been an asshole to me." I whispered. My voice was raspy and hoarse.

"I left." His lips formed a thin line and he kept his eyes focused on anywhere but mine.

"It wasn't an option, you had to." I said while rubbing his back.

He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. I knew he was affected. His eyes were like an open book. I decided to change the subject. "Where are we?"  I asked.

"My apartment, I come here often." He answered.

"From where you'd get the money?" 

"I've been working at a local shop for a few years and I finally had enough money to get myself a place." His tone was sad, but I decided not to push it too far.

"Can I have your phone?"

"Of course." He let his hands slip into his pockets and held his mobile. He handed me the mobile.

I unlocked the screen and typed my brother's number on the keypad. I rested the phone near my ears. He picked up by the third ring.

"Hello?" he just woke up, he could barely talk.

"Jonathan, can you pick me up?" 

"Boston! Where the fuck are you?" He was yelling at me.

"I'm sorry okay! I'll tell you everything when you pick me up." I told him.

"Where?"

"I'll text you the place." 

"Okay fine." He yawned.

"I love you so much. I'd kiss you right now but too bad you're not even near." I pouted.

"Ew we never kissed you idiot. I'll see you later." He laughed and hung the phone.

I smiled and handed Marc his phone.

"Can you text him your place?" I questioned him.

"Sure." He typed something into his phone and quickly locked and placed it on the table. 

------------------------

15 minutes later. 

Jonathan arrived and I had to leave.

"Thank you so much Marc, I don't know what to say." I was speechless.

"You don't have to say anything." He smiled. "Your brother's waiting for you." He pointed at the door.

"Right." I nodded. "I'll see you later." I made my way to the door and cracked it open and started sprinting on the stairs. I'm not really a fan of elevators. I used to hate them ever since mom got locked in them when I was 5 years old.

I got out of the building and spotted my brothers blue truck. I ran to it and opened the door, placed myself properly on the passengers seat and slammed the door shut.

Suddenly my bones were cracked and my head was burried into Jonathan's hair. He smelled like fresh lemons. I let myself comfortable with the awkward position. My lower body was on the passengers seat while my head was wrapped by my brothers arm. I pushed myself away from him.

"That's enou-"

"You finally had sex." He beamed mischieviously at me.

"What!!!" I was caught off guard with his stupid sentence that almost got me a heart attack.

"You finally got a guy's dick to-" I interrupted. "Okay okay I get it. And no, I didn't have sex! I'm not a freaking slut for gods sakes!" I yelled at him.

"Calm down, slutty virgin." He mumbled and started the engine.

By the time we entered the house, dad was preparing the dishes.

"I made mac and cheese!" Dad beamed at us.

"Oh my god!!!" We both replied in rhyme. I slipped out my cardigan and threw it on the chair.

Dad's head snapped at me and his eyes were slowly making their way out of their sockets. He took a few steps forward until he was a few inches away from me.

"I let you go to the carnival and this is what happens?" His tone bitter.

"Dad I lost the way back and Marc made me stay the night." I answered defensively.

"You should've informed us." He crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry." I pouted while looking at the ground, when someone bumped into my arm. I lift my head to see that it was my dad.

"It's okay." He chuckled.

------------

Hello!!! If you're reading this story, I just wanna thank you soooo much I really appreciate it :) xx