Prologue

Heaped Up 

Prologue 

----------------------  

P.S. this story isn't about a girl who suffers from depression and blah blah blah. So keep reading please!!!! 

---------------------

I was blow-drying my hair when dad suddenly barged into my room and his eyes were about to pop out of its socket.

"Boston! I've been calling you for ages." He said.

"As you can see, I'm blow-drying my hair and it's loud enough not to hear a freakin' explosion." 

"Shut up and go downstairs. We have to talk." He turned his back to me and walked out of the room.

Well, these four words were a nightmare to every daughter. I couldn't stop thinking about what have I done in the past few years. 

Holy toast with peanut butter on top! Maybe he's going to ground me for taking his favourite tie two months ago and selling it because of my stupid brother. Oh, or maybe for leaving my brother's hair gel in his car in the backseat which caused a huge mess and spilled.

Oh god, please forgive me. I never meant to do any of those mistakes.

I walked slowly to the kitchen and took a seat right in front of dad. He was just staring, and it was freaking me out!

"Jonathan!" Dad yelled which caused me to wince slightly. 

"I'm coming!" He growled and entered the kitchen and sat right next to me. 

"So.." Dad shifted in his seat. "Boston, your brother got accepted in a college in Massachusetts; Boston." He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes, I knew there was something wrong. Maybe I'm just imagining things. But I could smell the tension in the air, dad's always careless even when it comes to serious situations but I've never seen him looking worried like tha-

"Hello? I got accepted! You should be happy you freakin'  asshole!" Jonathan started poking my arms when I flinged my arms around him and tackled him into the ground.

"Oh my god!!!! Jonathan I'm so happy for you!!!! You're finally going to college and please just take care of yourself and don't ever fall for college girls, they're all bitches and oh my god! You're going to -"

"Boston!" Dad suddenly interrupted. I realized that I was on top of Jonathan and he was out of breath.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" I apologized, looking slightly embarrassed. I got off of my brother and sat on the chair. Jonathan also sat and he kept rubbing his neck. I gave him my best guilty look but he just glared. What a jerk.

"We're moving to Boston." Dad stated.

I think I just choked with my own saliva. 

"What?!" I was confused, why would we move to Boston?!

"We're moving to B-" Jonathan replied casually.

"I know! Idiot! But why? It-it's fine here" My voice cracked.

"I know, but I just can't let you live like that, Boston." Dad's tone was sad. He was sad, because of me? I'm fine. I knew what he meant.

"I'm fine, dad." My eyes started getting watery and my lower lip quivered.

"Boston, listen to me, it's for the best. And it's your last year in High School, you should have some friends and enjoy your life a bit."

"Don't tell me you're moving because of me," I half yelled. "because its bullshit!"

His face was getting redder, but he kept calm. "No, we're not moving because of you. But it's for the best and you know it."

"But dad, I grew up here! I can't just leave this place. What about my mother's garden? Who's going to take care of it? I can't leave, Jonathan's going but I'm not!" My tone was getting higher and I was fuming, I can't just leave!

"Boston, you should move on. You can't just stay in the same page for two years." Dad replied, trying to convince me.

"But Mo-" I was interrupted, by Jonathan.

"That's it Boston, we're moving. Mom wouldn't be proud to see you stuck here with no friends or a proper social life. Dammit, you're not even acting like a normal 17 year old girl!" Jonathan yelled at me.

"Why do you even care? It's my life. And mom wouldn't be proud to see you guys planning to leave the only place left for us to take care of her while she's gone!" Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"Boston, I'm sorry but everything has been organized and we're moving next week." Dad said while keeping his eyes facing the floor.

"Whatever, I don't care." I stood up and walked upstairs to my room.

 **** A Week Later ****

"You sure you packed everything?" Dad asked while carrying out the luggages.

"Yes!" Jonathan and I replied in unison.

To be honest, it felt horrible, to know that I'm leaving my place, where I grew up. And I couldn't stand the fact that we're leaving my mother's garden. 

I went to the backyard and sat on a brick. The smell of spring filled my nostrils and I couldn't help but feel like I was laying on my mom's chest, just like the old times. Hugging her so tight, asking for more care and love. I miss her deep warm blue eyes that you could drown into them just by looking at her beautiful shiny face.

A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away quicky with my sleeve. 

"Boston!" Dad called out for me, signaling that it's time to go to the airport.

----------------------