Chapter 15

Kurt, Krist, and I have been handing flyers out for Nirvana's show next week. Kurt has created a very interesting visual for them, something to quickly grab attention. I'm not sure what it is but it looks to me like a demon baby.

Some people said they would go, others said maybe. Kurt even had the balls to go up to the jocks and tell them to see the show, but they threatened to beat his ass to pulp. Kurt just smiled endearingly, flipped them the bird, and ran off. All in all, things were looking up for New Years eve.

The set list was all prepared and rehearsed to the bone. It turns out that there is a song called Love Buzz by Shocking Blue. As a reference to the comments from Krist and Chad the other day they decided to add it to the set list, just as a private joke.

—-

I had been telling Shelli about me and Kurt. About how we said that we loved each other.

"Everyone always says that there's this stigma that comes with saying it, like it's a big deal. But I don't feel any different and I don't think Kurt does either." I told her.

"Honey, that's because you both already knew." She said with a smile.

I guess I never saw it that way. I thought back to the moment I first saw him and how I found him attractive but I never even stopped to consider that I would be dating him in a few months time.

Did I knew I loved him somewhere along the way? Probably. I was never good at deciphering my feelings.

—-

Today Kurt went to visit his mother. It was this first time since my incident he's left me for more than two hours and I was getting antsy.

I eyed a pack of cigarettes that Kurt kept on my bedside table. I've always wanted to try one, I thought to myself. Seemed easy enough.

I put a cigarette to my lips and lit it. I was immediately hit with a blast of smoke. I coughed uncontrollably. I'm so lame! I thought. I went for a puff, this time knowing what was coming. The nicotine sent a warming affect through my body. Half way through the cigarette I began to get the hang of it. I can see why people thought this was classy 30 years ago.

When Kurt came back home he smelled the cigarette smoke on me. "Was someone else here?" he asked.

"No.." I said slowly. "Thats from me. I hope you don't mind. I took one of yours. You know, to calm my nerves."

Kurt eyed me. "Smoking kills, you know."

"You do it!" I countered.

"That's because I wouldn't mind dying." he said.

"Me neither." I said.

"Well how romantic." Kurt smirked. "We'll both develop lung cancer and shrivel up and die on this couch."

I laughed. "Sounds like a plan."

----

Kurt told his mother about me and now she wants to meet me on Christmas day.

I was so nervous. I had never had anyone want to meet me, therefore I didn't know how to dress to impress. Or even act to impress.

Kurt told me to just be myself. He said that if she didn't like me for who I was then that would be her problem. I though about it. He has a point.

"Should I go as Wednesday Addams or Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice?" I asked jokingly. "Or perhaps Edward Scissorhands?"

"She wouldn't care if you had a third eye and webbed feet. She's just glad there's someone very close in my life." Kurt said as he hugged me.

It turned out he was right. I went as my normal self and acted like my normal self and Kurt's mother, Wendy, thought I was pretty charming. I blushed like crazy, of course, and Kurt said that those weren't even my best qualities. He went on to gush about me, and in turn I gushed about him. I had to give kudos to Wendy for creating such a beautiful human. She laughed and said, "Well with half my chromosomes what did you expect?" She reminded me so much of my mother.

When Kurt went to the restroom, Wendy got up and sat next to me. "I haven't seen Kurt this happy in a long time and I can tell that it's because of you." she said. "You've had an amazing effect on my son."

The crazy thing is, he's had an even more amazing effect on me.