After Hours

It had continued to rain all day but it had proven to be enough to cleanse Sam of the ache in her chest. She had classes with some of the study group, but she hardly said a word to them. She'd offered Abed a courtesy 'hey' in Media, and Troy and Annie a 'what's up?' in Journalism, but she mostly just sat there, appearing dazed by some unknown fantasy within her own mind. Abed had always admired her creativity and imagination- especially when it came to cosplaying and running dreamscapes in the Dreamatorium- but today she'd seemed different- almost sadder. He felt guilty.

The darkness of a mid-January evening loomed outside as the brunette stalked down the deserted Greendale corridors towards the usual study room, determined to work on her Media assignment. She tossed her bag onto one of the sofas and slung her hoodie after it before wheeling the giant whiteboard into the centre of the room. 

Seconds melted into quarters of hours as she brainstormed ideas for her film- none of them meeting her expectations. For a time, she'd entertained the notion of taking a page from Abed's book and re-enacting some of the more important scenes from her life but she felt like that would be stealing from him.  She was so absorbed by her predicament that she didn't even notice the presence at the door behind her.

'You still working on your movie?' at any other time, Abed's voice would've made her heart skip a beat, but right now she was too frustrated with herself- that, and Abed's voice sounded different somehow. Sleeker. She rubbed her temples absent-mindedly, nodding whilst chuckling lightly. 'I think I have writer's block.' Abed's silence following her question worried her so she turned to see him leaning nonchalantly against the door frame across the room. What's more, a black goatee clung to his face. 

Sam shook her head in amusement; maybe Evil Abed was the distraction she needed. 

He strode forward in swift, calculated steps and peered at her work over her shoulder, pressing his body into hers while studying her unique shorthand intently. He cocked an eyebrow. 'How...'  he caught her eye as she watched him through the corners of her eyes, 'unfortunate.' he whispered, his breath hot in her ear, leaving goosebumps on her neck. Her heart fluttered in her chest as she noticed a predatory tone to his words. She flinched at the surprise of his fingers ghosting patterns on the back of her neck and almost melted into his touch as he moved his hand to run his fingers  tenderly through her hair. 

She moved away from the table abruptly, eager to put some distance between them; this was really out of character for Abed- evil or not. But then again, maybe this was a different character- if it were the same Evil Abed, his beard would be made of felt, which it wasn't.

Sami's shoulders stiffened and she stopped mid-stride as a single thought consumed her. Abed can't grow facial hair. Weird. She turned back around to find 'Abed' leaning against Britta's chair, arms crossed and smug expression on his face. Different.

Sam glanced at the clock above the door, faking a surprised reaction, 'God, it's late. I gotta get home.' she lied smoothly as she moved to collect her supplies from the table. Abed cast his gaze around the room as she gathered her scattered papers before returning it to her bent over form.

Papers in her bag, Sam turned to leave through the door closest to her's and Jeff's seats, 'Well I'll see you tomorrow, Abed.' she offered as she rushed towards the exit. She'd only made it a couple of steps before she felt Abed's arm snake around her forehead, pinning her against him, and a sharp prick in her neck. She let out a surprised gasp and struggled against a surprisingly strong Abed, his now needle-free right hand wrapping around her chest.

Her resistance began to fade and the room began to dim as she was gradually lowered towards the floor, all the while cradled against Abed's chest.