Chapter Two

"Class dismissed!" The teacher announced as the last bell rang.

Jenny grabbed her things and stood up, yawning and stretching. She headed towards the door, beginning to walk home. Then she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"God dammit Ben... Where are you gonna go... He's pissed at you... You fucked up for the last time... They won't take you back..." the voice said, trailing off.

Jenny's head perked up, trying not to eavesdrop, but not able to resist.

"Hey...!" She said as she approached him. "I know we just met and you're new and all... But are you okay? Do you need any help with anything?" Jenny added, lovingly.

"O-oh hey-hey!!" Ben jumped slightly. "I-i-i uh... Sh-should be fine... I wouldn't want to intrude on anything...!" He smiled as if everything was fine.

"Are you s-sure? I-i mean ...I heard you talking about not knowing where to go and all... And I want to help a friend...!" She smiled softly.

"F-friend...?" He whispered to himself. "I...I mean... Are you s-sure? Its just that...I dont really have a home..." He said sounding guilty.

"You can stay with me for a few nights... Even longer if you need to!"

"Yeah...I'd like that...!" He smiled and laughed softly, acting innocent.

"Okay...come on, this way...!" She began to walk to her house, making sure Ben was close.