The Story of the Black Inu

Fur as black as night rushed passed the trees bring down a few saplings as it rushed on. The lone cry of its mate pushing him on as he ran faster than any Inu could. He entered a clearing where you could see the stars go on and on. But he noticed none of this as his cold blue eyes locked onto her his one true mate. She stood tall and proud as blood wept from her nose and other cuts along her body. Her long black hair hung in a wave down her back reaching passed her calf. It moved slightly as a strong gust of wind blew making the grass roll like a sea of green under the full moon.

He changed back showing off his unearthly beauty as he too stood tall. Holding back the urge to run to his mate he watched the white Inu holding onto their daughter. Came to stand in front of her making him let lose a strangled growl. The silver haired Inu just shook his head as he touches their baby daughter’s head. 

“Such a shame she couldn’t have been mine. I mean I knew her wanted her since we were just children. Hell we were arranged to be mated. But that all had to change the moment you showed up and took her heart!” He growl raging like the crazy beast he was.

“She is my mate! And you will never change that you monster!” He yelled out driving the silver haired man to the brink. A shrill laugh escaped him as he looked at him with a triumphant smirk on his face.

“True so very true that is why I am going to kill you.” He stated simply as he slammed his poison whip flew through the air cutting the male down where he stood.

He didn’t flinch as it started to eat away at his body. But it didn’t stop his mate from crying out in pain at the sight of her one true love was in pain. She crumpled to the ground not minding the fact that small rocks dug into her knees. He shot her; a look that said everything will be okay; but he couldn’t fool her she knew this was the end. She could feel half her soul dying at this moment as his life slipped away from him. 

Picking herself up off the ground she moved to stand beside him in death. Wanting nowhere but to be with him as they died. Weak as she was she managed to get to him as he fell to one knee still glaring at the white Inu.

“You shall pay for this and all the white Inu that live on will pay for this!” He screams at the man but it fell on deaf ears.

“This curse will hunt you all down until there are no more left of your kind!” His mate finished as she ripped open her own wrist.

Neither of them had a single tear fall down their face as they died hand in hand. A blue energy swirled around their dead bodies for just a flicker of a second before it disappeared like a trick of the eye. But in this moment their child started to cry as she received the power of her parents.

Some hundred years later…

A final scream filled the air as a strong cry followed in the sudden silence. The midwife hand the clean bundle over to the weary new mother. Her damp black hair clung to her forehead as she weakly held her baby in her arms. Gently she held him as she sung a distant memory to him before her mate came in. Silver hair hung down his back as his bangs covered the crazy look in his golden eyes.

“He is handsome just like you.” She says in a soft voice as she slowly slips off in to sleep. He takes the small boy from her arms as they go limp with sleep.   

Two years had passed in the blink of an eye and on the night of the full moon the Curse took effect. The girl was looking up at the night sky when a pounding in her head hit her. She held it in her hands as she bit back the scream and held the tears that threaten to spill back. 

After it passed she gripped her kimono tighter as her hands changed in to claws. In horror she watched as the land grew sharper and the smells more pungent. A howl ripped through her new throat as she gazed at the full moon.